Just Got Back From the Dyno

SpeedFiend

Registered
Been getting the bike ready for the Texas Mile. Added GotBusa?'s short stacks and air filter. Made 185 on Johnny Cheese's dyno, so I went to a local one for a good comparison before and after mods. Here's my first run a month ago with just the Cheese tune and Brock's exhaust:
scan0002_zps5b2cbdf2.jpg

And after the additions, some U4.4 fuel, some datalogging with Mr. Smith's Log Box, and some ECUEditor autotuning:
scan0001_zpsc3c4793a.jpg

Over a 15hp increase! I'm quite pleased with the results, and I still have zero weight oil to add. PLUS my a/f was down under 12 on the dyno. I datalogged for this tune with a bunch of 3rd gear pulls, and had it running at 13.2, but on the dyno, it got a bit rich. Why? My IAP went from 1 (whatever units) to 14 on the dyno. If I understand the sensor logic correctly, closer to zero means less vacuum. Ram air effect is significant?? I even did my datalogging runs with the fairings off and those gaping holes where the fairing studs plug in, so plugging those up should help a bit. Now, I don't feel so dumb for pulling the nose off to seal up the ram air tube halves!

Also as a side note, I had my street tune set to 12.9 for a/f, and the U4.4 brought it up to 13.3, so that fuel is probably pretty good if you want to add it and not worry about changing your tune (although I did add 2* of extra timing).

That's a hell of an increase! Can't wait to see the video of you on the mile..........

Need OT richer for the mile lower than 13,
I will try to be out but back surgery is right around the corner.

On the dyno, I'm getting mostly under 12 for WOT in the upper RPMs. Actually running it outdoors, I'm getting 13.2 on the same tune and fuel. You think I should richen it up a bit from that? I have to do my two licensing passes, so I was going to datalog on those and see how it was looking.

Fatten it up just a hair for the qualifying passes. I am trying to make it Sat. But back is killing me.
Better fatter and dail it in before the 200 mph run. You o not gt a lot of passes.

Yeah not a bad idea. I plugged those big holes in the ram air tubes, so it'll probably be getting a bit more air anyway. I'll be around Saturday. Look for the only bozos there with a horse trailer. Yep horse trailer.

Remember short stacks don't do anything... :rofl: j/k

Looks like you are headed in the right direction. I hope to get out and see you guys at the Mile just depends on my work.

What's up with the RPM, where did they take the tach signal?

I'll PM you the rest... ;)

They didn't take a tach signal. Hence why the torque numbers are wonky too. We just tossed the bike up, made the pulls, and got it back down.

Back