Some Upgrades...

Adam G

Registered
Just installed my new Yoshimura slip ons last night. Boy does it make the bike look and sound much better. I decided to go with the R77 stainless with carbon fiber end caps and am happy with the look and sound. Sure am happy to have those huge stock ones off.

The only other mod I have done so far is putting the 3m film on the tank so I don't scratch it up with my riding jacket. I have on order a 1" handlebar spacer (Soupys) and the Buell peg mod kit. Looking forward to getting these installed. I think this will make the long rides much more comfortable.

After these additions a Zero Gravity tinted windscreen will be next.

Any other additions you guys would recommend. Most interested in appearance and comfort as she has plenty of power for me for now. May look into having the ecu flashed and a dyno tune next year along with an exhaust header. Slip ons are good for now.

hayabusa 2.jpg

Nice. My dealership didn't know about the free Yoshimura slip-on deal from Suzuki and gave me the $400 customer cash instead. I would have preferred the slip-ons. When I asked him and he realized, it was too late as the paperwork had been submitted:(

I like my Yosh Slip-Ons too. Short story: Was on a joyride out in some slight traffic on a few "main" backroads when a BMW touring caught up with me. (I was just chilling out, he wanted to GO.) We come up on a car and can't pass but I know the road and we come to a point where he is going to gun it and I felt like having some fun too. We both pass the car and enjoy the twisties and come to a red light. He pulls up next to me and after I say "Hey dude, what's up?" he says "When you shifted into 2nd and passed that Lexus, your pipes sounded AWESOME!" "Thanks man!" I said as the light went green. Now, the BMW drivers and riders in the NorthWest have a certain arrogant mentality and if you get a compliment from any of them, it means something. Enjoy it. By the way, sometimes I leave at 3:15 in the morning for work and have left my cell number with my neighbors several times. Never got a complaint, but the Busa does warm up quickly compared to some bikes. (*Cough*Har*cough*) Great sound, lightweight, awesome look.

Thanks. I swear they are getting louder as I break them in. Put 200 miles on yesterday and about 100 miles in we were coming into a small town near the Mississippi River in a bluff area and I could really hear them rumble. By the time I got home I had to play around in the garage and rev them up and maybe I am crazy, but they sound a lot louder than when I put them on. Fine by me!

Any other additions you guys would recommend. Most interested in appearance and comfort as she has plenty of power for me for now. May look into having the ecu flashed and a dyno tune next year along with an exhaust header. Slip ons are good for now.

It looks great and you're right on track! I have a couple Zero Gravity screens I alternate between, one dark tinted that's the same size as OEM and one dark tint Sport Touring Series that's quite tall. (tall ST screen in my sig pic)

If looking for appearance / comfort mods maybe a seat? Oh did I mention I have a NIB Saddlemen seat and rear seat cover for sale too :) I'd make you a great deal.......

Back