Superbyke...it's a turbo and it's turnkey!

raydog

Enjoying 1 road at a time
Donating Member
Registered
One of the Stampede's activities is that tomorrow night (Thursday) Superbike Performance Lab is setting up their dyno at a local bikenight parking lot (PJ's restaurant) for a "horsepower shootout". SO, I reckon I'll ride the Superbyke over for the fun.
I just finished it, meaning shortened the wheelbase and some other things so it looks more like a GhostRider type bike instead of long and lowered. So now it's finally in the configuration I've been waiting for. Since wheelies are possible regardless of the wheelbase I figured screw it, I'll just set the thing up the way I want it to be and learn to handle the power! I'll post how it went after the event. Doyle

IMG_0001 (3).jpg

IMG_0002 (3).jpg

IMG_0003 (3).jpg

IMG_0004 (3).jpg

Looks sweet Doyle.

Better bring a knapsack or tank bag.

Something to carry the shootout trophy in.:laugh:

Good luck,take care on that animal. :thumbsup:

Rubb.

Update...I chickened out! Last week I watched Scott Horner spend 5 hours on the dyno with the Superbyke. I know the hp and torque output very well now and at the last minute realized that I simply didn't need to max it out FOUR times tonight (warm up and 3 power runs). I bet I'll do less stress to this bike in 5 years than another series of max output runs! We tuned it to 230.8 hp and 140 ft lbs of torque that is constant from 4000 rpm to 10500 rpm. Anyways, looking forward to tomorrows ride (three passes ride...Ebitts, Monitor and Sonora passes). I'm certainly bringing my raincoat, major tropical moisture coming in and with the heat.....you know the rest! BTW, I'll be riding my KLR, not the turbo, really comfortable and dependable with XM radio, gel seat and great in the wet! Pics to follow after the ride. Doyle

P1000906.JPG

P1020917.JPG

Next time, just take it and see what's running. If you've got it in the bag, enter....one warm up and one regular pull....no need to do four... ;)

Back