My wife's building a Hayabusa!

Yeah it really is a cool thing.....

I think I might cry if I could find someone to donate an engine.....you know anyone who wants to give one away?:laugh:

jus pulled this thread back up 2 if any progress was made . and nope i dont know of any1 give wit a motor up 4 grab if i hear anything i will pass it on

jus pulled this thread back up 2 if any progress was made . and nope i dont know of any1 give wit a motor up 4 grab if i hear anything i will pass it on

No progress just working on a line for an engine that I amy be able to trade some other parts for.

Been awhile as the wife and I have both been slammed with work, the holidays and life in general.

A couple days ago I traded one of my 600 engines for a complete set of bodywork including the fuel pump, throttle bodies, air ducts, blinkers, fairing stay, dash panels, headlight and tailight. The next day I worked a deal with a friend for some machine work for a complete engine (some assembly required) for her bike as well.

This about finishes us off for parts on this bike with some left over to sell for other parts.

IMG_20121231_200813_260_zps25b3cacb.jpg

IMG_20121231_200755_903_zps41c81e8e.jpg

I missed this thread too but I'm glad I finally got to read it and see the progress you and your family have done. That is an amazing thing you guys are doing and doing it as a family is even more awesome! Keep up the good work! I have a stock exhaust system I can donate to you if you want it. Just PM me

Thanks for the offer of parts guys, I really appreciate that! I think for now we are good as several other members have donated parts. We are going to tear into her in a week or two and get a better idea of where we are going and what we need.

Had a chance this weekend to pick up this turbo bike pretty cheap so we decided to get it and sell of her parts and keep this one for her. The new bike has a clean title and is in very nice condition compared to hers. Now she is very adamant that anything that was donated to us be removed from her current project and put on the new bike. You guys have no idea how much she respects and appreciates the help the ORG provided. We both will never forget!

Now she still has work to do as we will be selling the turbo engine and all of the turbo components and then looking for a stocker. So by the time it's all said and done she will have built a complete hayabusa even though it was done on two seperate bikes.

IMG_20130311_165221_001_zpsfb8fb569.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Had a chance this weekend to pick up this turbo bike pretty cheap so we decided to get it and sell of her parts and keep this one for her. The new bike has a clean title and is in very nice condition compared to hers. Now she is very adamant that anything that was donated to us be removed from her current project and put on the new bike. You guys have no idea how much she respects and appreciates the help the ORG provided. We both will never forget!

Now she still has work to do as we will be selling the turbo engine and all of the turbo components and then looking for a stocker. So by the time it's all said and done she will have built a complete hayabusa even though it was done on two seperate bikes.

Congrats! :thumbsup:

My only question is why? Just get rid of all the parts from the other one and keep this one complete and ready to ride WITH the Turbo. Let her ride the TURBO bike... :laugh:

No reason to tear it all apart and do all that work for little to nothing... :poke:

My only question is why? Just get rid of all the parts from the other one and keep this one complete and ready to ride WITH the Turbo. Let her ride the TURBO bike... :laugh:

No reason to tear it all apart and do all that work for little to nothing... :poke:

Guess you didn't send him any parts did ya?

Have you ever ridden a turbo bike? They don't hit like a drunk girl on prom night after you tried to sneak a kiss, they hit like a dam mack truck. There's no way I am going to make my wifes first Hayabusa a turbo.

Guess you didn't send him any parts did ya?

Nope,...just came across the thread...

Have you ever ridden a turbo bike? They don't hit like a drunk girl on prom night after you tried to sneak a kiss, they hit like a dam mack truck. There's no way I am going to make my wifes first Hayabusa a turbo.

Yes, I own a 400whp+ TURBO BUSA and no they don't depending on the setup.

Put a low psi spring in and tune it accordingly, it's no different than anything else. ???

Is it a Stage-1 kit with stock motor? If it's got lowered compression or any other mods for the Turbo, when you remove the kit it's going to be a dog if you don't bump the compression back to stock. If it is just a basic kit, then you can set it up to be VERY tame and just like any other BUSA motor. ;)

:beerchug:

If you are worried about hers being faster, just give her your bike and ride the Turbo... :laugh:

Nothing stock about that engine at all, rods, 1/2 studs, JE pistons, bigger injectors, intercooler, and the list goes on and on.

Back