My Busa Overhaul

Bypassing it definitely effects performance, it's there for a reason. Are you using stock levers? Something is NOT right if it keeps breaking switches.

Have you checked with a suzuki service department to make sure you have installed it the right way?

Or have you got access to a genuine busa workshop manual just in case there is something you may have missed?

I have the genuine workshop manual so if you'd like any help just let me know.......???

The first two (original and replacement) went out with the stock levers. The 3rd with the blade levers.

Bypassing it definitely effects performance, it's there for a reason. Are you using stock levers? Something is NOT right if it keeps breaking switches.

I have the service manuals, I'll look it up tomorrow. I'm dying and need sleep lol.

Have you checked with a suzuki service department to make sure you have installed it the right way?

Or have you got access to a genuine busa workshop manual just in case there is something you may have missed?

I have the genuine workshop manual so if you'd like any help just let me know.......???

No worries at all....

Manuals don't always have all the tricky little bits of knowledge you need to solve a problem but they are a great starting point....

Plus 1 on this!
It does change the mapping.
And the switch does not cost $30
Not true. It does have an affect on the bike. It causes it to have a false rev limit and it reduces your mpg. It also keeps your bike in a neutral map because it thinks its in neutral.

A) What is a hydraulic switch?
B) Here is what I did today. Its not much, but at least things are going back together. If I can get off work on time tomorrow, you'll see the swingarm going on!

100_2201.jpg

100_2202.jpg

100_2203.jpg

100_2204.jpg

100_2205.jpg

100_2206.jpg

100_2207.jpg

100_2208.jpg

100_2209.jpg

100_2210.jpg

100_2211.jpg

100_2212.jpg

100_2213.jpg

100_2250.jpg

100_2251.jpg

100_2252.jpg

100_2254.jpg

100_2255.jpg

100_2256.jpg

100_2257.jpg

Great set of photos and some good handy work !

I would assume that you are going to file finish (smooth off) any rough edges etc and drill a couple of small staggered holes in the base of the under tail trunk mod for any moisture or water to drain out. You would be surprised how easily moisture/water can build up !

Actually, today I'm gonna dremel all around to smooth out the edges, apply foam and sealant to the openings, and pretty much try to make it look stock. We'll see what happens!

Great set of photos and some good handy work !

I would assume that you are going to file finish (smooth off) any rough edges etc and drill a couple of small staggered holes in the base of the under tail trunk mod for any moisture or water to drain out. You would be surprised how easily moisture/water can build up !

Well dont get your pink panties in an uproar here!
No, I wasn't serious. Don't take life so seriously, you'll never make it out alive. I am going to get one of those though, seems like a good thing to throw on.

HOPEFULLY I can go pick up my damn swingarm today.

I'm thinkinng of changing the wings of my current stock rearsets with cutouts that I make just for looks. Don't wanna go too much into it, but I think it will add just a touch of good custom to the looks.

Back