Swingarm question

MLSDUKE1

Live from Mom's basement
Registered
Hey custom bike builders!! I got a question!!

How can I get a Ducati Single Sided Swingarm to fit a Busa. Buddy of mine just got one and needs advice. Unfortunately, his bike's original swingarm is the EXACT same one as mine. Its ok, I think I got some things worked out.....

Enough about me! How can we get this Ducati swingarm to work?

Here is the swingarm.

mail.google.com.jpg

Resampled95Image951356642087833.jpg

Excellent tig welding and measuring skills is what you need(not trying to be a smartazz either).

Know the measurement of the pivot of the busa?

Pm Dennis, he can probably tell you.

May be easier cutting the front off of a busa swingarm.
Enough that it still bolts on and fits correctly at the engine, blending into the new swingarm how ever.
Measure, make room for, and fab a lower shock mount for the stock location.
All the while keeping the sprockets aligned.
This is alot of hours of design and fabrication work for a machinist or engineer with very good tig welding skills.
The hourly rate for these guys, or even a side project will not come cheap.
It's a cool idea, but if you don't have the abilities yourself, prepare to spend some money.
This is something that has to be done right.
Good luck with it.:beerchug:

Pm Dennis, he can probably tell you.

May be easier cutting the front off of a busa swingarm.
Enough that it still bolts on and fits correctly at the engine, blending into the new swingarm how ever.
Measure, make room for, and fab a lower shock mount for the stock location.
All the while keeping the sprockets aligned.
This is alot of hours of design and fabrication work for a machinist or engineer with very good tig welding skills.
The hourly rate for these guys, or even a side project will not come cheap.
It's a cool idea, but if you don't have the abilities yourself, prepare to spend some money.
This is something that has to be done right.
Good luck with it.:beerchug:

All this and more difficult stuff too. It'll be sweet when its done, won't be easy tho.

I know they make a single sided 300 tire kit. It cost like 6k but honestly its probably gonna be cheaper and safer to ride than that. The problem with that like previously mentioned is the measuring, welding, fabricating, and the most costly.........testing. You dont want something to happen or go wrong doing 70mph down the highway. thats why I like doing mods on here because multiple guys have done them successfully and rode a ton of miles without issue

Back