Auctmart Fairings

Twobrothersbusa

Team Gixxer Racing; IDMBT #1
Donating Member
Registered
Finally got around to finishing the Auctmarts install on my son's CBR1000. (Thanks to Jay and Diana for the help!)

With the price on these things, they are a good value for anyone that might want an alternative to OEM pricing. $550 shipped and I'd say an 8 on fitment. The only real issue was trying to get the new tail section on the bike. The OEM stuff is way more flexible. We had to "modify" the plastic that the tail section slips over to get it to fit. Other than that would have been a solid 9 with the OEM stuff being the only real 10.

CBRNewFairings017.jpg

CBRNewFairings008.jpg

CBRNewFairings003.jpg

CBRNewFairings002.jpg

CBRNewFairings004.jpg

Yea I definately think they were worth the price... And the edges (such as around the headlights) fit perfectly with no gaps :thumbsup:

Some imperfections in the clear and maybe one or two in the color coat. Like I said, they seem to be a great value for the money. Not OEM, but nice. Unless you started looking HARD, you wouldn't find any flaws. They arrived packed EXTREMELY well and came with a section of heat shield that you cut to size and stick on the inside. The heat shield actually looks better than the OEM stuff.

Surprisingly nice Charlie, how's the paint on em? Smooth and crisp lines?

Overall quality was good, not great.... Definately can't notice unless you are either touching it or looking very hard and close

To put it into term of women, I would call them 3-5 footers :laugh:

That's better that what I usually get :rofl:

Bike looks great :thumbsup: I got a real nice set of aftermarket fairings, I get compliments all the time on the paint scheme. The only problem is like you said was the flexibility in the fairings. There is no give in them they just crack, so be careful on the belly pan wing or the nose fairing if you do alot of wheelies.

i really dig the green/black and a nice alternative to the real deal. almost worth stripping down the oem's and stow them away when you sell the bike for a future resale down the road. :thumbsup:

This is just another reason for him to post pics of his Stang. :laugh:
The green and black Honda looks great.

Looks great Charlie - only a previous owner or someone intimately familiar with motorcycles would know they are aftermarket, not the normal buyer.

Back