Cycle Gear Tire Sale - Bridgestone BT-016 - $199 a pair

V-Max 2 Busa

Registered
Not a bad deal.

08-31-12_BT016.jpg

Awesome! :thumbsup:

I was gonna shop around and order tires this weekend, guess the shopping around part is done.

Got this in my email a while ago. Great deal alright. I'm going to go by the local shop tomorrow and price a set of Q2s, see how much more they are compared (gonna cost me another $50 right off to get the 016s mounted). Love the D-lops, and free mounting if I buy them there. Try to support the local guy if I can at all, but if there's $100 or more difference, I may have to go with this deal.

so how do they compare to the Q2's? also noticed they don't come in the 190-55. would it be better for turn in to get the 180-55?

so how do they compare to the Q2's? also noticed they don't come in the 190-55. would it be better for turn in to get the 180-55?

I've had both and IMO, the Q2 is head and shoulders above the 016. Mind you that's just my opinion, but the Q2s are the best sport tires I've had so far in all respects. BT-016 is still a very good tire though, and $200 is a great price. If your needing tires, that's a hard deal to beat.
As for the 55 versus 50 thing, I've ran both there too. And to be perfectly honest, I couldn't tell any real difference other than the fact there was an 1/8" or so ribbon that I could never get on the pavement.
Some folks on here say they like a 180, but it never really made any sense to me. Your loosing diameter, more so by stretching a tire designed for a 5.5" rim over a 6.0" rim, which is lowering the rear of the bike, increasing the rake angle (the chopper effect), and effectively slowing down the turn in ability of the bike. Do what you want there, but that never sounded like the hot ticket into a turn to me.

I agree with Hillbilly about the 180. I have been running the Pro's and love the tires, but I am still a newb. I have heard so many good things about the Q2, I just purchased a set and will be trying them @ Barber September 29th & 30th. I have two knew sets, and have put some side-by-sides together, 120/70/17 Fronts & 190/55/17 Rears. Weird how the Front Q2 looks thinner and taller than the Pro, and the rear Q2 looks slightly wider/shorter than the Pro. Pro's on the left, Q2's on the right. Also, you can physically feel the Q2 has a textured feel (maybe softer), while the Pro is more slick/hard.

Front Pro, Q2.jpg

Rear Pro, Q2.jpg

Back