And so it begins....

A little more progress this morning before we head out for our friend's cookout. All of the bits are moved from the old nose cowl to the new and the Woodcraft cover is installed.

Have a geat 4th everyone!!! Be safe!

IMG_20120703_201505.jpg

IMG_20120704_114337.jpg

Looks good! :thumbsup:

I would recommend running some safety straps from the lift to each side of the bike (rear pegs or front bars, depending which way its facing). I've seen a few bikes come out and fall off those stands, so be very careful.. :beerchug:

What's wrong with the nose cone and fairing, didn't see any damage?

Thanks Got-Busa! I got the same speach from my dad... when he told me he dropped a K1200 off this very lift. I have a rod through the center with jack stands on the side and a strap across the back. He actually gave me eyebolts with the lift. :thumbsup:

BTW, I looked through your build thread last weekend. Absolutely stunning!!! Beautiful bike. I even shared the thread with a co-worker. Very nicely done. :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:of t

The damage is on the back left sharp edge of the nose. I will post a shot in a little while.

One more shot for the day. I prepped and pulled the forks while my wife was making potatoe salad for the cookout. :laugh:

IMG_20120704_183437.jpg

The last piece of plastic arrived today (thanks again Justin). I took one of the forks apart last night and picked up fork oil at lunch today as well as the oil filter I have forgotten to order several times. The only thing I am missing now is a set of frame sliders. T-Rex says they are still about 4 weeks from having them on the shelf. :banghead:

I am really hating the thought of putting this back together without them. :rulez:

Last shot before before things start going back on....

IMG_20120705_194531.jpg

Header is torqued, forks are rebuilt and installed, and the Brembo MC and reservior is test fit. Done for the day. Have some house stuff to do and dinner with friends. Might work on getting the fairings assembled and foam insulation installed tonight inside where it's cool. :thumbsup:

DSC_5864.jpg

DSC_5867.jpg

Couple more hours this morning. Front fender and wheel mounted, pads changed, calipers back on, Speigler SS lines installed, and brakes filled and bled with ATE Super Blue. Still need to wire the brake light switch and the front end is done and ready for the nose cowl. :thumbsup:

300_9672.jpg

300_9674.jpg

300_9676.jpg

Well, I am over my frustration with the T-Rex sliders being unavailable for at least another four weeks.... because I ordered a set of Shogun cuts yesterday. Got a shipping notice this morning so they should be here Thursday or Friday. Yep, I am cutting holes in some new plastic. It's all good. Not like I would ever take them off anyway.

Didn't get much done last night. I did wire the front brake light switch for the Brembo MC.

I had put the battery back in to test the brake light switch and was very tempted to fire it off... if it hadn't been so late and my garage wasn't right next to my neighbors bedroom window. I don't think she will appreciate the open V&H header quite as much as me. :cheerleader:

Still a lot of things to do but I hope to be ready for fairings and a shake down this weekend!!! :beerchug:

First body part back on this afternoon! If I have time I will get the Q2 mounted tomorrow so I can wrap the front end up for good. Fired it up and made sure all the lights and gauges still work. Sounds pretty sick without the cans. :laugh:

300_9680.jpg

300_9681.jpg

First daylight since it went on the lift. Got the front tire mounted today at lunch. Had to turn it around to get the back wheel off. I will have the rear mounted tomorrow.

Here are a few shots...

RWM_6462.jpg

RWM_6472.jpg

RWM_6470.jpg

RWM_6467.jpg

It's looking good!!!!! How long did it take to get your header? I know they are on back order. I ordered one from Justin too an I already have r77 slip ons.

Russ, looking good there Sir! Make sure you burnish in the brake pads when you go for a ride. Due some moderately hard slow downs from 55-35mph a few times and then ride a some to help cool down the rotors. Also wipe the rotors first with a rag with brake cleaner on it. This will help remove any oils and trash on the rotors before you burnish the pads in. I cant wait to see and hear the difference in your busa with the V&H header on it!:laugh: Just let me know if you need any help!

It's looking good!!!!! How long did it take to get your header? I know they are on back order. I ordered one from Justin too an I already have r77 slip ons.

Thanks! Justing hooked me up. Wasn't much more than a week between the time I ordered and the time he shipped. It just depends on when V&H gets it to him. I know he packed it and shipped it back out to me the afternoon it arrived.

Russ, looking good there Sir! Make sure you burnish in the brake pads when you go for a ride. Due some moderately hard slow downs from 55-35mph a few times and then ride a some to help cool down the rotors. Also wipe the rotors first with a rag with brake cleaner on it. This will help remove any oils and trash on the rotors before you burnish the pads in. I cant wait to see and hear the difference in your busa with the V&H header on it!:laugh: Just let me know if you need any help!

Thanks Tim! Roger that. I will be treading lightly for the shakedown too. I imagine several things are going to feel very different!!! My mother-in-law had knee surgery yesterday so my schedule is kind of up in the air for the next week or so. Karen and I will be making trips back and forth to NN. My hope is to cut for sliders and hang plastic Saturday morning. I will let you know as the weekend approaches. Thanks for all of the advice and moral support over that last few weeks. You and FallenArch have been invaluable resources and great sounding boards!!!

Here is a quick vid I shot before I turned it around to work the rear. I wanted to make sure all the gauges still worked... ;)

Build :: VID_20120711_164635.mp4 video by beachztt - Photobucket

You did dismantle the cartridge to bleed the air out correct?
The last piece of plastic arrived today (thanks again Justin). I took one of the forks apart last night and picked up fork oil at lunch today as well as the oil filter I have forgotten to order several times. The only thing I am missing now is a set of frame sliders. T-Rex says they are still about 4 weeks from having them on the shelf. :banghead:

I am really hating the thought of putting this back together without them. :rulez:

Last shot before before things start going back on....

IMG_20120705_194531.jpg

Almost there! All the plastic is back on and we went around the block. All that is left to do is wire the WR Logbox, Speedohealer, and drop in the BMC filter. :beerchug:

Laser method slider install step one:

IMG_20120715_090052.jpg

Laser method slider install step two:

IMG_20120715_091057.jpg

Shogun slider installed:

IMG_20120715_093646.jpg

Other side:

IMG_20120715_110747.jpg

Finally back on the ground:

IMG_20120715_121550.jpg

First ride today (to work). Everything feels good... nothing fell off. :laugh:

Flashed my limiters this afternoon. I logged a little data on the way to work just to have a file to play with. Still need to install my filter and block the pair. Couple more shakedown rides before a real ride Saturday with FallenArch (and EarlyBird if he can go).

IMG_20120717_191337.jpg

Back