My experience with buying Carrozzeria Rim's and a on site vender.

That sucks big time! The color is not even close!! I don't think there is anything I hate more than buying something and having to go thru a bunch of $h.t because its not what I ordered. Specially with that price tag!! I hope you can get everything straight with them!!

mabupa said:
That sucks big time! The color is not even close!! I don't think there is anything I hate more than buying something and having to go thru a bunch of $h.t because its not what I ordered. Specially with that price tag!! I hope you can get everything straight with them!!

Yeah but all companies mess up no way around it. The difference between a good and bad one is the good one will help you get what you paid for.

Having been in I contact with EarlyBird since the boxes arrived, I have to say he has been MORE than patient with them. It is really time for them to to just exchange the wheels for the correct, undamaged set. His only expectations from the very beginning have been to get what he paid for. I hope that this situation is resolved to his satisfaction soon. :cheerleader:

Besides, he's not going to have time to worry about this crap with all the help he and FallenArc will be giving me to put my bike back together. :laugh:

What I find strange is that there is a one month wait on them because they have to be 'sent out'?
Wtf?
Are there no complete sets ready to go in stock anywhere? How large or how small is carozzeria to begin with? Are they still being anodized in USA?

For a rep to say 'color looks good to me' is kinda strange too?
Customer is telling you it is not and has provided you with pics of what it should be and you come back with the above?
Has damage and he says 'oh don't worry the tire will cover that'.
Again worrisome. How about I sell you a car and lay a towel over that rip in the seat?
He also says 'well these are done by hand and colors may vary'?
Doesn't say that anywhere on their site. And its sad a company has a product anodized and cannot keep consistency in it. Colors may vary?
"Well you may order grey but get something else, and you may expect them perfect but be ready for possible nicks in them, make your $2000 check out to Cz."

Who would do that if it was presented like this?

Tim have you emailed a link to this thread to Nick or Cz?
It does suck Nick is stuck in the middle. He seems like a decent gent and none of this should reflect bad on him.

35,000 members are :watching: Cz

Just saw this on CZ's FAQ:

What Colors/Finishes are Available for Carrozzeria Forged Wheels?

We offer the following colors:

Anodized: Satin Black, Titanium Grey, Machine Silver, Wine Red, Sharp Blue and Gold

We do also offer a Hi-Gloss Bright Hand Polish, Additional Charge $200.00. 240 Wheels $250.00

Hi-Gloss Polish, Titanium Grey, Sharp Blue and Wine Red are special order and can not be returned or exchanged (unless warranty Item).

Tim, I really don't think this applies to you since your wheels are clearly unacceptable. I still think it's a little messed up though.

Just saw this on CZ's FAQ:

Tim, I really don't think this applies to you since your wheels are clearly unacceptable. I still think it's a little messed up though.

That would only be if he ordered blue and realized he really wanted red.
He ordered Ti grey and got frankencolor.

That would only be if he ordered blue and realized he really wanted red.
He ordered Ti grey and got frankencolor.

I completely agree. I was just pointing out that I don't like their policy, as it only applies to certain colors.

I will throw a little more fuel on this fire.:whistle:
I got the polished set in 2010 and was a little(lot) dismayed by what I got also!:moon:
The outer rims themselves were done to a chrome standard,amazing polish job,as good as I've seen.:bowdown:
Well the inner section was done amatuer(sp) style,basically an afterthought.More of less by hand(slight reflection),minor machine work swirls.
Basically as if done by someone who did not know how to polish or care.Out the door, next victim.

Send them back?,glad I did it myself, after reading this.:banghead:
Spent 30 hrs to get them to this level,could have spent more time. I wanted/needed them for LSR and did not want the added headache of return and wait, and associated BS.
Do not have any before pics,why would I...-they looked like chit!:laugh:

Unfortunatly this is standard business practice these days!-you bought them, hope you like em. :moon:
Tim, Sorry you don't have a choice, like I did.
Pursue it to the end,they need to send you out another set,in short order,no less. :beerchug:

DSC01792.jpg

DSC01793.jpg

DSC01794.jpg

DSC01795.jpg

DSC01796.jpg

DSC01797.jpg

DSC01798.jpg

DSC01799.jpg

DSC02038.jpg

DSC02023.jpg

Thanks for all warning about CZ isn't the kind of people I would want to deal with, I will make sure to avoid these wheels :thumbsup: Goodluck

I feel badly for your hassles and frustration! Let me throw something optimistic out there however.....I've had my CZ's for 4 years now, been on two Busas, extended tours, track use, many sets of tires mounted and removed. I love those wheels. Once they are as you want them, mounted and experienced by you, I think you will finally be really satisfied.

IMG_0040.jpg

What I find strange is that there is a one month wait on them because they have to be 'sent out'?
Wtf?
Are there no complete sets ready to go in stock anywhere? How large or how small is carozzeria to begin with? Are they still being anodized in USA?

For a rep to say 'color looks good to me' is kinda strange too?
Customer is telling you it is not and has provided you with pics of what it should be and you come back with the above?
Has damage and he says 'oh don't worry the tire will cover that'.
Again worrisome. How about I sell you a car and lay a towel over that rip in the seat?
He also says 'well these are done by hand and colors may vary'?
Doesn't say that anywhere on their site. And its sad a company has a product anodized and cannot keep consistency in it. Colors may vary?
"Well you may order grey but get something else, and you may expect them perfect but be ready for possible nicks in them, make your $2000 check out to Cz."

Who would do that if it was presented like this?

Tim have you emailed a link to this thread to Nick or Cz?
It does suck Nick is stuck in the middle. He seems like a decent gent and none of this should reflect bad on him.

35,000 members are :watching: Cz
I'm definately watching, was strongly considering a set for my 14, not so much now :whistle:
And there's def TONS of views by folks making wheel buying decisions going on here as well, threads like these go WAY beyond just the people posting :laugh:

My take so far:

CZ really could care less about their customers. Happens a lot with a well recognized brand.

Tobefast and/or Nick are stand up folks that still care about their customers. Sounds like the kind of business that needs to be at the top of the mod supplier list whenever possible.:thumbsup:

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

Okay, someone needs to tell TobeFast, that these wheels would look SWEET on my Busa, and they should sell me your set at a DEEP discount instead of having to ship them back! :please::please::please:

Called ToBeFast.com today to find out what was going on etc. I got a email back from Nick (This was a return email from Friday):

Much appreciated, and CZ said to send the wheels directly back to them.
Use the info below to send it back, and they said to send back the
original invoice if you have it (attached in case you don't). Although
they didn't mention it, I would also include a note describing the
problem, and the solution you are after. That should clear up any problems
before they arise.
Thanks!

I called Nick back to let him know I got the email and what to do next. Like when or how I am going to ship this back or whats Carrozzeria next step with me. Nick said to call Patrick at Carrozzeria. This I did, and wasnt happy with this experience. Maybe I caught him at a bad time. I was hoping to get some of my questions answered directly by him, but all he said was he wanted to get the rims back to inspect them. He seemed more worried about the nicks that where on the rim, then the color being way off. Our conversation was short, and I didnt get far with him. Patrick said he would call Nick and get the shipping and other questions figured out.

I figured I owed Nick a call, since I wasnt getting any where with Patrick. Nick answered the phone and I explained to him the situation. He said he would do what he could for me and go the next step.

Org. Members, I cant stress enough that this isnt Nick's or ToBeFast.com fault. They are the middle man and he is doing what he can. We both had a discussion about this and I made him aware about this thread. He has remained professional and understanding with this, and I cant say thank you enough! I highly recommend Nick and ToBefast.com to any org member to do business with him and his company.

Okay, someone needs to tell TobeFast, that these wheels would look SWEET on my Busa, and they should sell me your set at a DEEP discount instead of having to ship them back! :please::please::please:

Bots they are a teal grey look in the sun.... they wouldnt look good on even your busa! Its looks neat, but not with my color combo! Your more OCD:poke: then I am.... I think???!

the color is interesting for sure. some angles i like it, some i dont. definately NOT close to the gsxr1000 rims. hope you get it sorted out.

Bots they are a teal grey look in the sun.... they wouldnt look good on even your busa! Its looks neat, but not with my color combo! Your more OCD:poke: then I am.... I think???!

I'll pay $500 for them then have 'em powdercoated. :beerchug:

I call DIBS! :laugh:

Back