the older riders

I'm 50 also. Age is really a very subjective thing. People have many different levels of fitness and energy at all different ages. For me the busa just fits my body type very well and I find it very comfortable. I do make some concessions though. I try not to get too hot or dehydrated because it can affect us older guys more than the youngings. I also stop when I get tired and watch for cramping in the braking hand. I also realize my reflexes aren't what they used to be and judge situations accordingly. But I say as long as you feel up to it keep riding whatever you love.

Great to see the older folks loving their rides and riding it like the younger blokes doo Keep it up guys.:thumbsup: . I have a long time before i hit 60 , that is assuming i ever do hit 60 .

Been an adrenaline junkie my whole life and don't expect it change any time soon. Had many street and dirt bikes in the 70's and early 80's but sold them all when my daughter was born in '85. Got the itch every spring and when the Gen II was released in late '07 I finally scratched it. Wish my body could handle the rigors of riding in the dirt again but I know better. Guess I'll just keep riding Ironbutts and pissing off my Hardley buds blowing by with my ShortMeg on the limiter. Never be without a bike again. Oh, I'm 55 years young.

471529_2777167282269_1650723294_1930618_1822267857_o.jpg

412077_2743114590973_1650723294_1918366_1631474897_o.jpg

339530_1925317226550_1650723294_1545082_1388715249_o.jpg

What does age have to do with the style of bike you ride? I happen to have both my Busa and a Harley. Different bikes yes but bikes the same. Some days I feel like slow and some days feel like fast. Same with the pickup and Vette. Got to have alternatives in this world. I will be 68 in June and ride almost every day when possible. Happiness is being retired!! :laugh:

Congratulation on reaching the big "60"! I'm a few years older than you and not that far from drawing my social security. I've been riding motorized two wheeled machines since I was 10 and my dad mounted a lawnmower motor on a western flyer. Had my first harley at 17 and the only time in my life there hasn't been a harley in my garage was during my military stretch during the Viet Nam era. By the way, I recently sold my last harley which was a beautiful Ultra Glide that sat in the corner most of her life covered by a sheet to keep the dust off. I sold it a couple months ago and doubt I'll ever buy another harley.

I did purchase a new Concours recently to tour on. After riding the Connie a few times this thing could become my primary source of transportation during the summer months.

This is my 7th season as an instructor and work for four different trackday providers/race schools with 44 track events scheduled on my calendar this season. While I'm far from the fastest rider on the track I can say it's been a long time since I've had a street rider with no race background pass me. The looks I get from street riders at the track on occasions when I pull my helmet off is priceless! :beerchug:

I have a friend who is 67 and rides really well. There was an article in Sport Rider a while back about Pat and his 22 certificates of completion from Jason Pridmore's Star School. Pat is a great guy. Retired airline pilot living in Oregon and rides sportbikes REALLY WELL!

I have no idea how long I'll romp sport bikes but I think I'll know when it's time to hang up the spurs and mount the Connie for a more leisure life. Until then, I intend to enjoy life as it's meant to be! :cheerleader:

I be turning 54 i july and plan on riding for a long time. The wife gives me a hard timel playing the "midlife Crisis" card. I just ignore her and ride on.

Been an adrenaline junkie my whole life and don't expect it change any time soon. Had many street and dirt bikes in the 70's and early 80's but sold them all when my daughter was born in '85. Got the itch every spring and when the Gen II was released in late '07 I finally scratched it. Wish my body could handle the rigors of riding in the dirt again but I know better. Guess I'll just keep riding Ironbutts and pissing off my Hardley buds blowing by with my ShortMeg on the limiter. Never be without a bike again. Oh, I'm 55 years young.

is that an rd and a triple with wheelie bars? nice:D

Re: the older riders:

Not 60 but 55; just purchase a 2011busa in Jan of this year. Ever come to Austin look me up. More power to you, I to am looking for older busa riders

You can look like this at 21 and ride a Busa.

danradice1.jpg

Or, you can look like this at 60 and ride a Busa.

Stallone.jpg

It's all about the choices you make.

danradice1.jpg

Stallone.jpg

is that an rd and a triple with wheelie bars? nice:D

Yup, bought the '76 RD400 new for $1215 otd and is seen here in spring of '77 with DG pipes, heads, and porting, 34mm Mikuni's, and Martek ignition. Here it had the rotors drilled(first ever rear disc, I believe), wheels painted, and S&W shocks and fork kit, and Dunlop K81's. The next winter I did the body up with a 1/4 fairing, "cafe" seat and tail, clip-ons, and rear sets. Used to love beating up on my buds Z-1's and KZ1000's. The '74 H1 500 was drag only with open pipes and radical porting-would not pull a load under 6000rpm, but turned a best of 10.81@118mph. Also had a badazz '73 H2 750 built for the street that more than paid for itself spanking muscle cars out on Telegraph late at night. Sadly, this is the only other pic I have of them. Great memories.

478349_2777145441723_1650723294_1930614_234518606_o.jpg

I'll be 65 in June and still consider myself a young and eager student of high performance motorcycle riding. As we get older I think we must pay closer attention to our health through diet, exercise, rest and not listening to those that would "bring us down" by mislabeling our efforts as a "mid life crisis". Screw em, let them buy the walkers and wheelchairs because they didn't live life to it's fullest!

IMG_0010.jpg

I'm 55 and loving it. I grew up "Joe dirt bike" & still have have premix in my blood. I still wring out the quad on dirt, but super enjoy the Busa on the highways of central Pa. What a bike :cheerleader: 21000 miles on my gen2, 53000 miles on my 04 Strom, no plans to quit any time soon. Many fantastic motorcycle experiences. :thumbsup:

I am 63 and own a 03, love it and can't wait for the next big busa. I thought it might have come out for 2012 but maybe next year! I have owned fast superbikes since the first kz900 kawi, cbx, ninga 1000r, zx1100. This one is the best of all worlds, comfortable for long rides, 400 mile day trips, and fast enough to totally respect it! I think 60's will be no problem, 70's maybe,80's............ not worried; it's to far away. have fun.

Back