Altitude Riding

USARMY

Registered
Ladies/Gents is there any adjustments I need too do to my busa before going riding at altitudes above 14,000 ft +?

Oh oh, must be gonna take it up Mt Evans. ???

last time I did that was in like 89-90 in a Fiero GT, pretty fun except for all the crazy mtn bikers riding up that road. One thing i can say that if your a smoker it'll def save you money up there because if you don't take a drag every 5-10 seconds it goes out.:laugh:

not 100% sure but being EFI, the ECU should be able to adjust automatically

Cool, have fun. Since it's fuel injected I would say no to really adjusting anything should do it itself. May feel more like a 750 up there though due to altitude but other than that just enjoy the ride/scenery and don't run off the road. :laugh:

if you have a Gen I, i would recommend doing the idle adjustment mod...it might not make as much of a difference for you since you are already in Denver but it makes things a lot easier when changing altitudes from around St. Louis to riding up in the mountains...just might be something you want to consider

click linky here

@Semi yeah I have noticed that my idle changed a bit so I increased it a little bit. The spec say 1150 I took it to 1200 does seem too run a bit better than at 1150. I can wait too hit US HWY40 off of I-70 Near Vail Colorado. A few wicked curves..:thumbsup:

You should be fine, macon and I were up there last year. There were bikes everywhere. Oh, and fill up before you go, 20 or so miles at 25 miles an hour makes a dull ride, but pay attention when you get above the tree line, its a ways down if you dont stay on the black top. :laugh:

IMG_1517.jpg

IMG_1518.jpg

IMG_1519.jpg

IMG_1563.jpg

i ride up Mt. Washington (NH), ever year. i think its 6200ft. Never changed/adjusted a thing on my bike for the ride. Never had an issue either.Keep us posted. pics are a MUST. Have fun.

Ladies/Gents is there any adjustments I need too do to my busa before going riding at altitudes above 14,000 ft +?
I live and ride at mostly 5000ft and up. The busa compensates well. If she ever acts the least bit funny just pull over, turn her off for a second, then fire back up. The sensor will re-read the atmospheric pressure and the ecu will reset to the new altitude and you're good to go :thumbsup: Fuel injection masks the power robbing effects of higher altitudes MUCH better than carbs ever could. You're bikes still going to feel like a dog at 14,000+ft tho :banghead:

Back