Gps mounts and units

dwilson

Registered
I am looking to find out which gps units work the best, and who makes the best mounts . We went on a run to the Ephrata bike rally on Sunday and cant remember which roads we took:banghead: .I have CRS and want to make sure it doesnt happen again . Any info appreciated.
Dan

if budget will allow, ZUMO for GPS and Techmount. for me, sub-$100 Garmin and suction cup mount worked flawlessly on my 2-day, 1600+ mile roadtrip last year. plan to use the same set up for another trip this year.

check out gpscity.com for lots of ideas/options. or get in touch with TIM of pashnitbusa.com

i put my garmin (Doris the pushy British gal :laugh: ) in the map pocket in the tank bag.
never had a problem working the touch screen through the plastic.

RAM Fork Stem Motorcycle Base with Double Socket Arm and Diamond Base Adapter

RAM-B-1761.jpg

TECHMOUNT also has its own version: TECHMOUNT - Products

310105_pic.jpg

dwilson said:
Is the ram mount the one theat fits into the steering column with rubber orings?

I'm running the one shown on the first link Kromdom posted. :thumbsup:

It works great, but I do have to tighten the screw that expands the plug every few months, but no biggie.

Smellphone via Forum Runner

I'm running the one shown on the first link Kromdom posted. :thumbsup:

It works great, but I do have to tighten the screw that expands the plug every few months, but no biggie.

Smellphone via Forum Runner

I use the same setup as well and love it, but never could get the stem mount to stop turning. I actually stripped the allen head trying to get it tight enough so it wouldn't move. I fixed that by tapping the stem mount 1/4-20 and running a 12" piece of thread all through the stem and putting a nut underneith. Now it's solid as a rock..:beerchug:

I also use my phone as my gps. I even made my own dock/mount out of the Otterbox holster.

Back