Kawasaki (ZX-14R) and Sport Rider Magazine.......Tell us how you really feel!!

Bottom line is Suzuki doesn't have to answer if the market doesn't demand it.

Yes sales are down on the Busa, but 14 sales wern't any better. Kaw needed something to get better sales and this was the answer. As for Suziki answering the 14, I don't see it unless the market demands a big bore semi-sport bike. If the market goes up and Busa sales go down while 14 sales sky-rocket, Suzuki will answer. If the Busa/14 market stays the same or goes down, don't expect anything.

All I know is....on a warm day, I dress up, get on my highly personalized Hayabusa, ride into the Sierras listening to hard driving bass music and start working on my line, my rhythm and overall skilz. When I pull into my favorite cafe up in the mountains, no one runs up to me and says, "How does it feel to be only 2nd fastest?" On the contrary, a Ducati rider and I may engage in a fun and constructive conversation about motorcycles over coffee. Rode from the coffee shop with a "14" one time, we went really fast together for 10 miles then pulled over, shook hands, exchanged phone #'s and rode off. He rode as fast as I did, even in tight stuff, I was impressed at his abilities on that big bike. Coulda passed him but woulda had to ride at track riding speeds to do it....so what? Had a great motorcycle day, had he been on an Agusta, he would probably have played with me. NONE of these experiences connect to the Magazine/Manufacturer hype about "who's fastest?" I love my TWELVE year old Hayabusa....it doesn't strain nor do I ever compromise safety as I ride "at the front of the pack" with ALL motorcycles. Don't try to live up to Madison Avenue's "who is the current king of speed" reputation, create your own commercial free fulfillment. Since my first bike in the 1960's I have watched this so called competition for market dominance (based on the latest and greatest and all before is inferior)go on and am proud to say it has not affected my enjoyment of motorcycles one gram! If this applies to you, here's my advice (from an opinionated old bastidge) Own your bike, upgrade/customize it for your needs, enjoy the wonders it offers you, eliminate the "grass is greener" mentality and suscribe to "wanting what you already have". Rant off Raydog

P1000254.JPG

All I know is....on a warm day, I dress up, get on my highly personalized Hayabusa, ride into the Sierras listening to hard driving bass music and start working on my line, my rhythm and overall skilz. When I pull into my favorite cafe up in the mountains, no one runs up to me and says, "How does it feel to be only 2nd fastest?" On the contrary, a Ducati rider and I may engage in a fun and constructive conversation about motorcycles over coffee. Rode from the coffee shop with a "14" one time, we went really fast together for 10 miles then pulled over, shook hands, exchanged phone #'s and rode off. He rode as fast as I did, even in tight stuff, I was impressed at his abilities on that big bike. Coulda passed him but woulda had to ride at track riding speeds to do it....so what? Had a great motorcycle day, had he been on an Agusta, he would probably have played with me. NONE of these experiences connect to the Magazine/Manufacturer hype about "who's fastest?" I love my TWELVE year old Hayabusa....it doesn't strain nor do I ever compromise safety as I ride "at the front of the pack" with ALL motorcycles. Don't try to live up to Madison Avenue's "who is the current king of speed" reputation, create your own commercial free fulfillment. Since my first bike in the 1960's I have watched this so called competition for market dominance (based on the latest and greatest and all before is inferior)go on and am proud to say it has not affected my enjoyment of motorcycles one gram! If this applies to you, here's my advice (from an opinionated old bastidge) Own your bike, upgrade/customize it for your needs, enjoy the wonders it offers you, eliminate the "grass is greener" mentality and suscribe to "wanting what you already have". Rant off Raydog

I'd hit like about 4 times :thumbsup: but my like button vanished :laugh:

240151d1329759181-kawasaki-zx-14r-sport-rider-magazine-tell-us-how-you-really-feel-p1000254.jpg

2537963950102950911S600x600Q85.jpg

Are bikes are brothers from a different father. :laugh: Assuming Suzuki is the Mother. It didn't really make sense to say bike brothers from a different mothers... Oh well you get my point. Nice job on the "cafe" busa by the way.

cheers ken

you have to admit its kinda fun to have the ford vs chevy thing going on in the bike world.

you have to admit its kinda fun to have the ford vs chevy thing going on in the bike world.

Yeah, when you put it like that, no doubt! I was just trying to reach into the deeper reasons why we have our passion for this sport and distance it from the brainwashing of advertising. Raydog

So Raydog, tell me. How does it feel to be second fastest?

:laugh:

Ps.... That is an awesome shot! I could hang there for days!

They've made it fairly easy for us since the turn of the century, it'll be nice to have to have some factory competition

Besides, now we'll get what we want out of Suzuki...no doubt

When you can talk the talk you can walk the walk!! Strut your stuff Kawasaki I will say this, you have out done yourself along with the Hayabusa in power!!

Guys we will just have to settle this time around, Kawasaki brought a Bad Azz bike to the table this year.

Suzuki will not fall out of the game I can assure you that. This battle of the Power Throne has been going on since the 70's with the KZ1000 and the GS1000.
It may be a few years, but the Hayabusa will take its crown back!!

MO-BUSA. I like your avatar. EWW pond scum!

Yea, It comes down to one thing. The man or woman on the bike.

Thanks i think im gonna change my screen name to match, lol by the way your avatar is awesome also, reminds me of my beagle i had as a kid, what a great dog.

So what more do you guys want? To really blow the new Kawi away Suzi would have to give us 225hp or more stock with fat cans on her ass. To really blow that Kawi away and get covers like its doing now the GenIII Busa would have to be so crazy stupid powerful I think it would again call attn to ourselves from govt naysayers. I just don't see it happening. Suzi held the crown for a decade or more. I see Kawi now doing the same.

Very interesting view!

Outstanding view!!:thumbsup::bowdown:

Back