Pre-winter/winter project

I don't know what that is but I will soon enough, thanks for the heads up.

Balancing beads are tiny ceramic beads that go inside the tire. Hit up pashnit, he sells them. The tire never gets out of balance.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Yeah I didn't like the these Cartel wheels on the internet. But in person, man they are pretty. Thanks Charlie, I looked up dyna beads, I'm going to go with them.

This is going to take me a bit longer then when I first started. I have a lot going on in my life right now. So far I finished with the motor, I chipped/scratched the swingarm so I am getting it re chromed, so for now I put the Gen2 swingarm on until I get the other back. Here are a few pics of the process. Also toke pics of the busa I got the motor from, you can see why I didn't reuse that Gen2 frame.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

I decided to use a Gen2 gas tank since it looks a lot better. Here is a quick pic before I start sanding down the tank for paint.

2012-02-09_19-57-55_98.jpg

Those were the wheels I originally wanted to go with but the kit was another $200 I think so I went with RCC wheels.Very nice and yes they are very shiney.better clean that frame up more.Trust me.I had my arm off 3 times fitting the chain clearance up right.one more thing, make sure to secure the caliper hanger so it doesnt fall off and hit that oh so shiney wheel.Dont ask me why I know:whistle:I also bought the right carbide bit for aluminum and it made the job so much easier.Have fun.

Those were the wheels I originally wanted to go with but the kit was another $200 I think so I went with RCC wheels.Very nice and yes they are very shiney.better clean that frame up more.Trust me.I had my arm off 3 times fitting the chain clearance up right.one more thing, make sure to secure the caliper hanger so it doesnt fall off and hit that oh so shiney wheel.Dont ask me why I know:whistle:I also bought the right carbide bit for aluminum and it made the job so much easier.Have fun.

lol, I will make sure it doesn't fall off. I think my heart would stop a beat if that happened.

Yeah I about puked when it fell but it barely knicked it.I was pulling the axle back out so I can pull the arm off again and wasnt paying attention.There was a reason it was zip tied to the arm when it was shipped to me.Lookin good.

Man you need a bike lift!

Your stuff on the floor,, yuk!

Lol, well I really don't see a point in a motorcycle lift. It puts the bike in the air but then what? You can't take the motor out or take wheels off. Only my tires touch the floor is doesn't bother me. All that oil is from my brothers car. For the paint I am thinking of either a 2010 Escalade gold pearl white diamond or red from a 08' Toyota Tundra, haven't made up my mind yet. I am going to attempt to put a Gen2 headlight in the Gen1 front fairing. The Gen2 headlight has 6 mounting points where as the Gen1 has 4. Here are the before pictures.

nose.jpg

nose1.jpg

nose2.jpg

light.jpg

Done cutting out the hole for the headlight, now all needs to be done is the mounting tabs for the new headlight.

IMG952909.jpg

Careful notching that frame. There not very thick to begin with and you'll make a weak point. Looking good tho. Let me know how that Gen2 swap goes. I've had guys tell me it don't fit. Don't know how tru it is, but that was a couple years ago.
I spent a little time today notching the frame for the chain. It was a lot easier then I thought. Installed the swingarm and test fitted the wheel. Changed out the valves and springs in my motor and it's ready to be installed back on the frame. School needs to be over so I can get some free time!

You def got alot of knuckle grinding and man hrs down bro. Sick **** dog..... keep it up

Thanks, yeah I don't think I will get rid of this bike any time soon. Best of both Gens now, can't wait to get the painting started.

Back