help please

yosvany

Registered
I have a 06 white hayabusa, can't somebody tell me how to take the stickers from the tank.Not the warning stickers, the gray paint stickers from factory. thank's for the help:banghead:

I cant remember if they are under the clear coat or not. Try warming them first as already suggested. Welcome to the oRg! :welcome:

I tried to take the stickers off my tank on my 06le... now my bike is black.

You have to sand the clear coat off. If you are good/lucky enough to not do to much damage to the paint. Those stickers do not peel of like the rest of the bike. You will get a piece the size of a pencil lead. I don't know if you are taking the other stickers of but the fairings are not white. They are silver with a white sticker over the whole side.

Tank for an extra set of fairings I picked up, is a Gen 2 tank but still takes same method to get decals off..... oh and the dings on the top were just a added bonus. :laugh:

DSCN6752.jpg

DSCN6753.jpg

DSCN8596.jpg

Don't worry, almost all manufactures do it. Especially on the tanks if there are decals there since in reality even with one overfill or slosh of fuel running down onto a unprotected decal will start to loosen the adhesive to a certain extent, and eventually the decal will lift or start peeling off. And also if you think about it what decals on a bike do you actually come in contact with on almost every ride you take? tank of course, whether it be arms leaning on tank or legs gripping tank exactly where those decals are. So without being cleared in and protected they wouldn't last long at all. or what about the dramatic temp change the tank goes thru on a hot day fill up. Yeah, feels good and gives you that tingly feeling:laugh: but wouldn't be as good for unprotected vinyl which you are constantly coming into contact with.

So we can either complain about them being cleared in when we want them off, OR we could be complaining about them coming off our new bikes when we didn't want them to. Either way there is always gonna be a clear loser/downside in this scenario because we are human and nothing will ever the way we will always want it to be.

And if it makes you feel any better Honda's have more that have to come off. :laugh:

DSCN8936.jpg

DSCN8946.jpg

Back