Honest opinions and suggestions

Rhythm

http://www.youtube.com/us
Donating Member
Registered
I need some honest opinions and suggestions for my first you Tube vid. I have a couple more bike related vids I would like to complete and share with you guys. One being a how to make your own indiglo GAUGES.

Enjoy!

My DIY motorcycle lift
Lift - YouTube[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Well bro, I thought it was pretty good. The music was good and you explained things well.

Thanks, TWO. I hate You tube videos that you have to keep replaying to figure out what exactly is missing. It may take month to get a reply from the host.

Let me start with everything that was wrong...... You said twist with your hands.. Not hands and feet.. I was so lost.. Just so cool with the shades on...And the flipflops.. Really :poke:

hahah.. Just kidding. Very instructive video. And if I had to make a lift like that this video would have me up and running in 10 mins. Thanks for the share. Nice graphics, great quality, nice lighting. Liked the steady camera (vs someone holding it and it wobbling through the whole video.) I even watched it all the way through because I wanted to see the finished product. Meaning it wasn't just blah, but caught your interest. The only real thing I personally would do different if I had any videos near that quality is make the music background music and actually talk the person through the process as well to reinforce the text. That way my vision stays focused on you, the subject (for one track mind people like me) so I'm not trying to watch you and then refocus to read. Just my thoughts. Other than that, I really enjoyed the video. Thanks for the share.

I don't have a mic currently to narrate over the video when editing, but that is a good sugestion.

Thanks

Very good job, Rhythm.

Two comments:
1) At the very beginning of your video, "Plumbing" not Pluming.
2) Add the following at the end of the video: "Complete instructions with full parts list and assembly drawings available for $35. PayPal to Rhythm@gmail.com accepted." (LOL!)

I liked it. The music wasn't vulgar and you explained, showed what needs to be done in a timely manner. :thumbsup:

Clearly explained and made sense. You could cut the length down a few minutes buy putting the parts where you threaded/tightend the pipe in 2x speed mode...

I made one similar, or basic same idea cuz I'll be workin on mine all winter long

Image 016.jpg

Image 018.jpg

Please post images of your lift and give your honest opinion when your finished putting it together.

honest ??? ok.

if your going to be in the video, take off your sunglasses and hat and talk to me. i also don't want to see you fumble with putting it together. most people can figure out how to screw galvanized pipe together. it just seems tacky or something.
:whistle:
:poke: i suggest to do it like a slideshow.
show all the parts spread out, then continue to show pics of assembled sections, progressing to the finished product.
you could cut the video down to 2min and still get your point across.

everything else was ok. (music, graphics and such)

on another subject...that is a freakin, scarey, wobbly, unstable lookin, piece of ???. i would not feel very good with my beautiful, awesome, expensive bike hanging off a few bucks worth of gas line.

i really am not trying to hack on ya. just tellin ya what i think. i really do appreciate what your trying to share. :beerchug:

:laugh: well, you asked.

honest ??? ok.

if your going to be in the video, take off your sunglasses and hat and talk to me. i also don't want to see you fumble with putting it together. most people can figure out how to screw galvanized pipe together. it just seems tacky or something.
:whistle:
:poke: i suggest to do it like a slideshow.
show all the parts spread out, then continue to show pics of assembled sections, progressing to the finished product.
you could cut the video down to 2min and still get your point across.

everything else was ok. (music, graphics and such)

on another subject...that is a freakin, scarey, wobbly, unstable lookin, piece of ???. i would not feel very good with my beautiful, awesome, expensive bike hanging off a few bucks worth of gas line.

i really am not trying to hack on ya. just tellin ya what i think. i really do appreciate what your trying to share. :beerchug:

:laugh: well, you asked.

U should change your screen name to Grill master. :laugh:

Looks good Rhythm! Might try and find a rubber cover for each end of the feet. Would make it less likely to slide.

On a personal note...how ya been? Haven't seen you post much in a while?

Via Tapatalk

Looks good Rhythm! Might try and find a rubber cover for each end of the feet. Would make it less likely to slide.

On a personal note...how ya been? Haven't seen you post much in a while?

Via Tapatalk

You didn't notice my rubber checkered pattern floor. LOL Seriously, that an excellent suggestion for anyone with a concrete or plastic (race deck) floor.

Dude, I've just haven't had the time to do much of anything bike related for the last yr. Medusa has been up on the lift for a yr stripped down to the motor and frame. However that has not stop me from buying goodies for here. I should be getting back into the scene soon.

Thanks for asking.....

Yeah we all get busy from time to time. Life happens! Good to hear its nothing bad. Glad to see you around!

Via Tapatalk

Back