Busa vs. BMW 1000r?

Sounds like just another ego with a small prick. Tell him he's right, and he should get one cause they are badarse. Lamb loves the BMW, awesome machine. Lamb isn't buying one though, he likes what he's got and ultimately making one happy is all that matters, isn't it.

Just not the same. And this war of spec sheets is getting old.

They are completely different bikes. I've ridden both back to back, they feel different, look different, ride different. There was very little I could say was similar. And it was a relief to get back on the Busa after giving the S1000RR back.

DSC08932.jpg

DSC07813.jpg

DSC07873.jpg

DSC_0056.jpg

Gopr0068_1024.jpg

DSC08932.jpg

DSC07813.jpg

DSC07873.jpg

DSC_0056.jpg

Gopr0068_1024.jpg

I own both - a 2009 busa and a 2010 S1000RR. The BMW will beat the busa stock vs stock. The BMW does NOT run the 1/4 mile in less than 9.5 seconds in stock form, neither does the busa. Getting both to run under 9.0 takes quite a bit of mods. A simple +2/+3 rear sprocket on the busa will make it run with the S1000.

That being said, the true test is taking both for a 500 mile run for the day. The S1000 will not get to the destination the same time as the busa, unless the S1000 rider has had an epidural.

When I was a kid, it was Ford vs. Chevy. I didn't give a **** then either. I've always kinda done my own thing, and this has made me happy.

Get better friends?

He does not have the BMW. So why is he even arguing with you? Tell him to put on his big boy pants and buy a real bike.

You can buy a Gen I bike and make it alot faster for not a lot of coin, but what is the point? I doubt if one rider in 10,000 can ride either bike to full potential. Besides, the first series Hayabusa has an iconic look that will be around long after the Beemer has morphed into something even uglier -- if that's possible.

You can buy a Gen I bike and make it alot faster for not a lot of coin, but what is the point? I doubt if one rider in 10,000 can ride either bike to full potential. Besides, the first series Hayabusa has an iconic look that will be around long after the Beemer has morphed into something even uglier -- if that's possible.

+1 on the Ugly.

What happened to the headlights? Did BMW mix two different bikes up in the design drawings? That is seriously ugly.

Does it really matter? They are two different bikes each with it's own strengths and weaknesses.

S1000rrs are nothing but track bikes. Uncomfortable but sickening light and fast. Id love one if I frequented a track but I wouldn't ride one around town

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk.

Guys,
Help me out here. I have an acquaintance who swears the BMW1000rr can beat a busa. I am going to copy and paste what he said here:"Tell u what....show me a bone stock vids that does just over 8 seconds in the quarter mile. The BMW has a better power to weight ratio and has 193 HP. But its all good. U ride a busa so its better. It's all good. Lol. " Now personally I don't care either way, if the BMW is faster so what, but this guy is relentless. He thinks he knows it all and me being a girl I just know pretty much how to just ride a busa. I don't get into all the spec stuff, that is for my mechanic to know. Anyway, there was one video on here that proved a busa can beat the BMW 1000rr but its not a drag video, blah blah blah! and I posted it to my Facebook page but still he is unconvinced. So if any of you can help me bust the myth or shut him up for me please do! Any videos that you all may have that resemble stock busa to stock BMW 1000rr on a track please post them up so I can finally put this debate to rest. Thank you for your time and help.
As you can see, everyone has their own "opinion" (and that is what they are). There are so many variables (1/8 mile, 1/4, 1/2, 1 mile, top end, Rider abilities, Rider weight, etc.), even if both are stock, a race can go either way at the end. I also see many talking about power-to-weight, although when you get up in the high 100's, aerodynamics will play a big part, not to mention the busa (yes I favor the Busa) puts out as much or more HP as the BMW (depending on which dyno test you review). These bikes are so close, different circumstances are going to provide different results. In my "OPINION" the Hayabusa owns.

S1000rrs are nothing but track bikes. Uncomfortable but sickening light and fast. Id love one if I frequented a track but I wouldn't ride one around town

Actually its a great around town bike. Extremely nimble in traffic, responsive on the throttle and fantastic brakes.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Actually its a great around town bike. Extremely nimble in traffic, responsive on the throttle and fantastic brakes.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Yes but uncomfortable as hell for joy rides

Yes but uncomfortable as hell for joy rides

It depends on the kind of riding that brings you joy. On Cherohala, hell binder, etc it's great. On the highway I would agree.

They can be made quite comfortable.

If I was in the market for a 1000cc bike, that would be it.

They both are great bikes, very few will ever ride either one to its full potential, so the way I see it buy the one that makes you happy. If I could own one, I would, but I would not give up the Busa, because I like to go on long rides. :)

It usually comes down to the rider on the dragstrip. Here is a video of 2 friends of mine. A gen 1 busa street bike w/ pipe pc5 87 pump gas 65" wheelbase 200lb rider vs bmw1000 street bike w/ pipe bazzaz 93 pump gas 65" wheelbase 200lb rider
The bmw had more mph at 1/8 and 1/4 mile marks. The busa had better 60 ft and 330 ft times notice the bmw hit first in both videos. The bmw dynoed around 190hp the busa dynoed around 170hp . The bmw is fast and in the right hands it will give a stock motored busa hell... Im still a busa man you will never build a bmw that can run with a built busa.

Back