a few photos of my unplanned dragon ride.

george b

Registered
first off, thanks to the people here that gave advice on how easy it is to haul a bike in your pickup with just a chock and canyon dancer.

was driving from houston to knoxville to visit a friend and made the last minute decision to take the bike and ride around the smoky mountains. i've heard the dragon get brought up here all the time, but honestly never paid too much attention; i just figured it was some place i'd never end up going. but while i was in knoxville looking for scenic routes through the mountains, lo and behold, found out the dragon was a short drive away. so.. i took my parade laps through the area :happy: :beerchug::beerchug:

the two photos of me on the bike were taken by killboy.com

haulin bike - 750x500.jpg

img_3447---750x500.jpg

img_3448---750x500.jpg

GOPR1375---750x563.jpg

GOPR3438---750x563.jpg

GOPR1338---750x563.jpg

GOPR1597---750x563.jpg

GOPR2729---750x563.jpg

GOPR2829---750x563.jpg

GOPR2906---750x563.jpg

GOPR3009---750x563.jpg

GOPR3217---750x563.jpg

GOPR3379---750x563.jpg

So? What did you think of the Dragon? (Nice pics. Did you have the GoPro on still pictures or did you clip those from the video)

LOVED the ride! i think its awesome & can be dangerous as hell! :laugh: seriously, i did have two close calls.

the gopro was on stills every 2 seconds. it took almost 4000 pics on over 3hrs of riding. ( little bit of a pain to dig through all those pics to find the ones that stand out.. )

my regrets are having only one afternoon to ride it, and doing it on a lowered & stretched bike that can't lean too far right without scraping the exhaust on the ground. :banghead:

hope to do it again!

and ya, i was surprised when i saw the photos of me riding how low the bike was. i'm wondering if something is wrong. i know i'm not THAT fat. supposed to be 1 inch down in front and 3inch down in the back.

Great pics, I love the dragon I usully make 3 or 4 trips a year out there, but I am only about 3 hrs away. How was the Turbo coming out of those corners? Always wondered if a turbo would get you in trouble in a corner.

I live fairly close to there, and my brother is only 20 minutes from the top of the dragon. It is a beautiful part of the country and can be a lot of fun. Glad you enjoyed it and will remember that ride for the rest of your life.

Great pic share! Glad you had fun.
I hope to make it there one day. Hopefully next bash.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Great pics, I love the dragon I usully make 3 or 4 trips a year out there, but I am only about 3 hrs away. How was the Turbo coming out of those corners? Always wondered if a turbo would get you in trouble in a corner.

i may not be the one to ask about this since i'm a novice rider, but i really dont see how the turbo would cause any problems. its a smooth boost in power above 5k, never abrupt. ya it pulls scary hard on wot, but i doubt you'll ever wot coming out of a corner. (?)

Back