Hayabusa.org Scavenger Hunt

What's left? I thought this was done already? I can try an clean up the list tomorrow :-)
Posted via Mobile Device

What's left? I thought this was done already? I can try an clean up the list tomorrow :-)
Posted via Mobile Device

Remaining items:

12. your bike by a camp/wood fire.
17. your bike next to a city limit sign with population less than 1000
42. Your bike in an empty PARKING garage
66. your bike with a superhero
81. A pic of your bike with a Dale Earnhardt Jr #8 (not 88 ) flag or banner.
90. your bike and a swan
91. your bike and a STATE prison
110. Your bike and a overhead pedestrian crosswalk over railroad tracks
115. your bike with a stock car/truck.
119. your bike next to an abandoned rail car.
121. Your bike and a greenhouse.
123. A pretty girl standing next to your bike in front of your favorite donut shop.
125. Your bike and a checkered building.
126. Your bike and and an actual vintage B&W Leo Patrol.
129. Your bike and a real wooden roller coaster.
130. your bike with an inspirational or motivational saying (not one that you wrote
132. your bike and a Camaro in a trailer park
146. your bike and a full size vehicle suspended in the air.
148. your bike and an electric motorcycle.
149. Your bike and a wooden carved elephant statue.
154. your bike and a tree growing in the middle (not in the divider) of the road (no parking lots)
155. your bike and an archery range.
162. Your bike and a tug boat.
163. your bike with a building designed by a famous, and ALIVE, architect.
166. Your bike and a greasy spoon with dead celebrity theme.(or just a quirky name)
168. Your bike and the tomb of a president.
172. Your bike at your favorite bike night with a hot redhead, brunette, and a blonde (all at the same time)

I know I'm going to sound like a complete dweeb, but I'm enjoying what I've been learning as a result of this game. We so often take our surroundings for granted and don't think much about what's there or been there in the past. First, I had no idea I lived on scavenger-island-central, man-o-man there's a lot of random stuff around here.. heheh. But seriously -- going for the steam powered non-locomotive, I got a real dose of the history of the area and steam-powered agricultural machines 101.

In researching the possibilities for #168, presidential tomb -- I found the "John Custis" tomb about an hour away. It's interesting the stuff you never learn or don't recall from history class.

Martha Dandridge Custis was married to John Custis's son, Daniel (who was 38 to her 18yrs). Martha and Daniel had four children and then he died (she was only 26). So Martha up and married George Washington two years later. So the first-family-kids were actually George's step-kids. However, the children they were raising during the presidential years were actually George's step-grandchildren - who permanently lived with them. So the tomb of John Custis, an hour's ride away, is the first president's wife's first father-in-law's tomb.

Apparently before he died Mr. and Mrs. John Custis didn't exactly live happily ever after since Mr. Custis decreed that his son inscribe the following on his tomb, lest he be cut off with only one shilling:

"Under this marble stone lies the body of the honourable John Custis, Esq. of the City of Williamsburg and parish of Bruton, formerly of Hungars parish on the Eastern Shore of VA and County of Northampton, the place of his nativity, aged 71 years and yet lived but seven years which was the space of time he kept a bachelor's house at Arlington on the Eastern Shore of VA."

Arlington was the name of his family's farm on the Eastern Shore, which George Washington's step-grandson, George Washington Parke Custis (called "Wash" or "Tub") adopted as the name, Arlington, for the home he built upon his inheritance across the Potomac in D.C. He intended the home as a living memorial to George Washington, his grandfather. However, his one surviving daughter inherited everything upon his death -- and she was married Robert E. Lee. As many know, at the outbreak of the American Civil War that house across the Potomac and plantation was seized and is now the location of Arlington National Cemetery and the Robert E. Lee Memorial.

Woo!! The excitement, backstabbing, and intrigue!! I'm ready for Bravo to premier "The Real Housewives of the Revolutionary War." :thumbsup:

I can't believe you guys even got as far as you did in as fast as you did! I'm impressed!
Can't wait until this one is done and I can start the next one! :thumbsup:

Left at 830 am and rode aroundfour different lakes in north/west texas. this is what I came up with.....

17. your bike next to a city limit sign with population less than 1000

007.jpg

149. Your bike and a wooden carved elephant statue.

this little old man in an antique shop was kind enough to let me "borrow" his $4.95 statue

009.jpg

010.jpg

90. your bike and a swan

I will let you be the judges....I drove around 4 different lakes today and all I saw were cranes....so I got creative....:laugh:

011.jpg

012.jpg

119. your bike next to an abandoned rail car.

hey Im thinking this is a rail car that is abandoned in the middle of this little town I rode through today!

017.jpg

018.jpg

019.jpg

if that elephant wasnt big enough I found this in next to lake ray hubbard....dang NO tugboats today either...but I did find a steam?/paddle boat

041.jpg

038.jpg

039.jpg

im about to go throw some gas on some firewood in my backyard..:beerchug:.knock out #12....witht his heat (101) prob would ignite on its own....:devil:

Motochris, I'm originally from McLeod Tx and Hosston LA (Long story). Anyway, where did you find these things? Was it Jefferson?

I started in mesquite (just outside of dallas) and took 80 to 635 to 30 and lake ray hubbard is on 30 in rockwall....I then took 30 to 276 to start the route(you can see the arrow on the top left corner -quinlan)...it was a nice route went around 4 different lakes and several creeks and 1 reserviour(dam)...:thumbsup:

300+ miles today left at 830am got back at 3pm I rode everything in yellow....and then some.

002.jpg

005.jpg

:thumbsup: We used to play Mt Pleasant in Basketball and Baseball and Sulpher Springs was a vacation spot. I miss those days

Damn, sorry bro, you would have loved it. I go there when I go home to see my family

Back