I think I'm screwed....UGH, any ideas 240 kit

Jesus man!! Who the hell CUT your frame! That's WAY over notched.
Your telling me, that sprocket gotto be reversed,take it appart an start over ,that bike is just to nice to sell so soon.Youve got allot of good advice here ,go with it,itll all come out fine, promise.:thumbsup:

I had a busy weekend, riding and women put together are very distracting. I work mon-fri but If your free next weekend, Ill DEFINETLY come up and mess with it, least get some answers for ya. Lemme know when works for ya. IM free weekday nights if ya can/want to bring it down to me, either way...

I would be pretty scared to ride it to you and I don't have a way to trailer it down there either. If you want to come up and look at it, your more than welcome and I would appreciate it, but I don't have much for tools and I don't think my stands will get the 240 up anyway, so not sure how much we can do really... up to you.

something is def up with the offset, too bad you dont know the maker of that arm, im sure with the people we have here it will get figured out, hang in there. almost looks like the rear spacers and the front sprocket are wrong for the bike?

1st post was the 29th, why haven't you posted some good pics by now. come on bra you will never get people as patient as your family here, but you must do your part. stop making excuses and make 1 post with all pertinent info ex tire size, sprocket size, chain, and some quality pics from every angle never to many pics. being frustrated is one thing take a deep breath, read the prior questions asked, answer them in your next post with pics. don't even bother responding to this post or any other until you do what you need to do first. Love your big brother spence

1st post was the 29th, why haven't you posted some good pics by now. come on bra you will never get people as patient as your family here, but you must do your part. stop making excuses and make 1 post with all pertinent info ex tire size, sprocket size, chain, and some quality pics from every angle never to many pics. being frustrated is one thing take a deep breath, read the prior questions asked, answer them in your next post with pics. don't even bother responding to this post or any other until you do what you need to do first. Love your big brother spence

I took as many pictures as I could from all angles, I will take more but I got my camera in there best I could. I'm not very mechanically inclined and don't even have the tools. I was looking for as many ideas as possible from people here to give to the next mechanic I bring my bike to because the last bike shop I was at seemed as clueless as me. I don't know the sprocket size, I don't know the chain length and tire size is 250 which I did post. I got in over my head here. I'm done posting now.

I took as many pictures as I could from all angles, I will take more but I got my camera in there best I could. I'm not very mechanically inclined and don't even have the tools. I was looking for as many ideas as possible from people here to give to the next mechanic I bring my bike to because the last bike shop I was at seemed as clueless as me. I don't know the sprocket size, I don't know the chain length and tire size is 250 which I did post. I got in over my head here. I'm done posting now.
Somebody who was mechanically inclined could probably fix that prob up without too much trouble, but when your not a mechanic and don't know where to start, and have to rely on shops who also don't have a clue, it can become a stressful nightmare. They sure made some ugly grinds on your frame...what a shame :banghead: . I would take it back to stock size in the rear, but trade your set-up for a chrome stock swingarm and maybe even rim, or just sell your set-up outright and buy a chrome stock swingarm and matching stock size rim. You can put a 200 on a stock set-up and still get a bit of the fat tire look you want. I don't like big tire kits for all the reasons your having problems with, plus they suck power and slow down the handling too much. If you really don't want the probs just sell it, you can get your money back...its a looker and people LOVE a looker. You bought it for the looks, so will somebody else :laugh:

My friend, I of all people understand what your saying about being mechanically inclined. I am also. My point to you was just take better pics you don't have to get so close, we can zoom in on the pics on our end. call the shop you took the bike to and ask them the questions you need to give the people on the org. I'm going to leave this alone because I don't have answers for you and don't want to add to your problems good luck. I can't wait to see your posts in a few months about how much you love your nice bike.

Post a pic of the rear of the bike so we can see both spaces on the wheels and see if your tire is offset at all.

Post a pic of the rear of the bike so we can see both spaces on the wheels and see if your tire is offset at all.

Here's some pics.

new busa 053.jpg

new busa 054.jpg

new busa 055.jpg

new busa 056.jpg

new busa 058.jpg

Is that swing arm braced on the bottom as well?
How does the chain look when physically looking down it, does it look straight or like its coming off one of the sprockets slightly cocked, good flashlight will make it pretty easy to tell if you run it across the top of the chain. Tire offset looks right so i dont think its a backwards spacer issue. Really wish i could check it out in person:banghead:

edit saw rest of pics.

Front sprocket looks right and it appears your off of the tire, so where are we hitting just the frame?

How does the chain look when physically looking down it, does it look straight or like its coming off one of the sprockets slightly cocked, good flashlight will make it pretty easy to tell if you run it across the top of the chain. Tire offset looks right so i dont think its a backwards spacer issue. Really wish i could check it out in person:banghead:

edit saw rest of pics.

Front sprocket looks right and it appears your off of the tire, so where are we hitting just the frame?

The Rear wheel is cocked and I think the chain does run a little crooked because of it. I can't tell if thats the noise or if it's hitting the frame. Plus chain is extremely tight still. It sounds like maybe I'm hearing run crooked on the front sprocket?? IDK. If I have the tire straightened it would be on the wheel tho right? Then what...

edit saw rest of pics.

Yes the swingarm is braced at the bottom as well

Is the chain slightly closer to the left as it go near the rear sprocket? Since you don't have a bike stand have you tried jacking the bike up with a jack stand and rolling the wheel so you can see exactly where it is hitting?

Back