Finally updates on the Gen1 backrest

KvHotDog4

Registered
So finally after a year of trying to make time to build these I am finally almost finished with the first 10. I now have every Friday off to build these so they should start coming faster should they sell quick. I am not going to be able to sell them for the original price I was shooting for, however, I will donate $5 from each sale to Hayabusa.org. The price will be $225 plus shipping. I will ship from my work on our discount, it should stay fairly cheap. PM me to be put on a list and they should be ready to ship out within 2 - 3 weeks.

I can have them powder coated just about any color you want. Include the color in your PM.

I will keep this thread updated with all new information.

IMGP2707.jpg

IMGP2710.jpg

IMGP2708.jpg

IMGP2703.jpg

Thanks. My eight-year-old is gonna finally stop asking how much different the Hayabusa is than the Honda Shadow Sabre that she generally gets to ride with me. :)

you know i want one, natural/brushed finish, to try and match the frame...

Here are some pictures I took today. Should be better quality than the others. The backrest mounts at the same location as the grab bar. It uses the same rubbers but I will be sending new spacers with each order because the factory ones are too long to be used. The backrest can be swapped out in less than 5 minutes, however long it takes you to take out 4 12mm screws is how long it will take you.

The first two pictures are showing the backrest and the grab bar side by side to show the comparison in mounting
SSPX0031.jpg

SSPX0030.jpg

This is after it is mounted what it looks like under the seat.
SSPX0029.jpg

This is once the seat is in place. My passenger says she cannot feel the bars unless she is sitting straight up with her butt all the way back and even then its barely noticeable.
SSPX0020.jpg

Here are more with it on my bike.
SSPX0028.jpg
SSPX0026.jpg
SSPX0027.jpg
SSPX0022.jpg
SSPX0023.jpg
SSPX0021.jpg
SSPX0024.jpg

$225 + shipping each. PM me with the color you want and to be put on a list.

SSPX0031.jpg

SSPX0030.jpg

SSPX0029.jpg

SSPX0020.jpg

SSPX0028.jpg

SSPX0026.jpg

SSPX0027.jpg

SSPX0023.jpg

SSPX0024.jpg

SSPX0021.jpg

SSPX0022.jpg

actually, my wife wants her own bike now. but, i'll most likely hit you up when i get back stateside, because i know she and i will be riding a lot. sometimes it's just nice to have her on my bike

So thanks to Skydivr he is going to let me use his bike to try and modify this rest to fit a Gen 2 Busa.

The list now;

1. Josh - Black - Gen 1
2. Ogre - Natural - Gen 1
3. JJsBusaRox - ? ? ? - Gen 2 (If possible)

PM me to be put on the list. I have 7 spots left.

Ouch 225... It does look nice though

As stated above, price a corbin. I am not trying to get rich here or even make a whole lot of money. I get too much good information off this site to try and get rich off the people that make it what it is. I will be trying to sell them on ebay for 350, thats where I will try to make money not from the people who have saved me countless amounts of money in the DIY threads. 225 sounds high but I am making less per hour making them than I do at my job.

So thanks to Skydivr he is going to let me use his bike to try and modify this rest to fit a Gen 2 Busa.

The list now;

1. Josh - Black - Gen 1
2. Ogre - Natural - Gen 1
3. JJsBusaRox - ? ? ? - Gen 2 (If possible)

PM me to be put on the list. I have 7 spots left.

Hey Kev, definitely put me on the list. Color black for Gen 2. I'll PM my email as well...

Back