2 questions

mkeschinger

Registered
I am looking for a good set of grips like the old grand touring. I want to do longer distance and need a little more cushion. 6'3" 258lbs. Suggestions.
#2 I have an 05 red/black and I was thinking about some appearance upgrades- no a new bike is not an option. Was curious, anyone out there with the same year/color with pics of stuff they have done? I think about what it would look like with changes then I look at it for what it already is and it is pretty just as she is.
Look forward to your responses.

M
:beerchug:

I am looking for a good set of grips like the old grand touring. I want to do longer distance and need a little more cushion. 6'3" 258lbs. Suggestions.
#2 I have an 05 red/black and I was thinking about some appearance upgrades- no a new bike is not an option. Was curious, anyone out there with the same year/color with pics of stuff they have done? I think about what it would look like with changes then I look at it for what it already is and it is pretty just as she is.
Look forward to your responses.

M
:beerchug:

The Johars have more cushion than any I have seen.

yeah grip puppies work great.quick and easy install, right over your existing grips IMG_0142.jpg

IMG_0142.jpg

I went to spiked avons and put grip puppies over them. With a padded glove they are amazing, i have big hands so the added thickness of the avons and puppies helped alot.
Other option is those heavy bar ends and puppies

Can't help you but I see you live in Tucson. Im down in Sierra Vista if you ever want to get together for a ride. Fast08 and 04duramax are in Phx, too.

grip puppies- if they slide on over the stock grip, how do they stay in place?
Do any of the sponsors here sell them? Would rather support the group.
Thanks for the help.
M:thumbsup:

grip puppies- if they slide on over the stock grip, how do they stay in place?
Do any of the sponsors here sell them? Would rather support the group.
Thanks for the help.
M:thumbsup:

Tight fit, ya gotta put soapy water on em and work em on. I think they have a bit of adhesive inside too, I took mine off over the winter and the grip was a bit tacky.
Idk if sponsors carry em or not.

Droid via Tapatalk

$44.95 - D3 Driven D-3 Alumitech Alloy Motorcycle Grips - StarCycle, USA
different colors as well:beerchug:

appearance mod???

filling in the graph-ix seems to be a reasonably priced mod with real eye catching results for the bike. A few people have either painted themselves, had a painter do it, or just bought the completed inner panels from a website.

This skootergirls bike
skootergirl.jpg

skootergirl.jpg

Can't help you but I see you live in Tucson. Im down in Sierra Vista if you ever want to get together for a ride. Fast08 and 04duramax are in Phx, too.

small world! My best friend Joe used to live there right before he got deployed to Afghanistan... he rides a red fzr600

i guess everybody has there own opinion, but i ride with gloves on and they still fill ready nice when riding. :beerchug:

Try this Co.

©2011 Grab on Grips, LLC - 350 E. Beech Avenue - Walla Walla, Washington 99362
Phone: (509) 529-9800 - Toll-free (800) 847-2266 - Fax: (509) 525-9009

You might look into cruise control as well. The throttle hand really takes a beating on long hauls, it never gets a break.

Back