Red1100cc's Epic Trip Through New Mexico- travel log w/pics

Sounds like a fun trip. Now if the weather would ever cooperate here, I hope to do some long weekends! Can't wait for updates on your trip, be safe! :beerchug:

My day started out wonderful with a cool breze blowing through the window waking me about 8:30am. I rested until 9am listening to the history channel. It was still a little chilly when I set out on the highway.
I rode for a ways before I stopped at a rest stop outside Trinidad.

At this point my mind is set on makin miles. I ride hard until about 3pm when I begin to come upon Santa fe.

But let me digress.
Interstate 25 is a long straight, boring road, for the most part. But I must say that between Trinidad and to about 10mi past the NM border. It is just an awesome road! More curves than Florida could ever dream for. 125mph sweepers with views of the rail road and creek below. Breath taking.
And Trinidad is neat in how the interstate is bridged above down town. I’d like to explore that town more. I did get a few pics of the local smoke jumpers getting ready for battle. Hurray for Smokey the Bear.

I had to stop in Wagon Mound. It’s tradition, and my neck was killing me! It was time for a couple aleve and a V8. The wind was beginning to work on me. That and the fact I haven’t ridden but 50mi this season! This is why I tell people to build up to the big ride.
Good news is I know it takes around 3 good days of riding to build up some neck muscles.

In Las Vegas NM. I saw a really neat trike project. And I think I found the Harley shop!

Past Santa Fe I turned onto highway 14, the turquoise trail, to Albuquerque via Madrid! WILD HOGS!

I wasn’t 10mi off I-25 when I saw a good sign. A big squiggly arrow and 45mph (suggestions)!
All the way to Madrid.
Madrid is a neat little town, an old coal mining town made into a artist community. I really liked it.
I drove right past Maggie’s Diner. And when I went to u-turn; a car pulled put fprcing me to stop….HEAVY HEAVY HEAVY CRAP! I couldn’t hold it on the gravel hill side.
And for the 1st time in my life I couldn’t pick it up. I should have rode it out. But I didn’t
A hippy fella hopped off his bike and helped me right Bessie.
I will forever have a reminder scratches of Madrid. And my trip to play Wild Hog.

I missed the twisty road to rio rancho, and found myself on I-40 after a delay out in bfe NM. I donno why but they had to life flight some poor soul out out. I had followed the ambulance to the scene. It seemed to drive really slow for being in a hurry. It never got over 80. I coulda passed it many times, but that’s bad bad bad. So I lagged back ½ mi.

I got into Albuquerque around 6 and drove up and down I-25 until I saw the Hyatt. Checked in. found friends. And enjoyed the evening.

I have a meeting in the mornig. I better go to bed.

I am going to be busy for a few days.
If you get a chance, and happen to be in the neighborhood. Stop by and say hi! 1st $7 shot is on me; After that, your on your own..lol

sorry for the lack of emotocons, i typed it up in word. :cheerleader::thumbsup::beerchug::rofl::cheerleader:

0504111153.jpg

0504111153a.jpg

0504111153b.jpg

0504111154.jpg

0504111154a.jpg

0504111203a.jpg

0504111203b.jpg

0504111204.jpg

0504111215a.jpg

0504111215b.jpg

0504111231.jpg

0504111231c.jpg

0504111231d.jpg

0504111342.jpg

0504111342a.jpg

0504111342b.jpg

0504111428.jpg

0504111428a.jpg

0504111546b.jpg

0504111553a.jpg

Outstanding, thank you for my once a day pick me up lol. Sorry to hear of the lay over but glad it was slow and smooth.

Keep on with the trip bro, be safe, take pics lol. I have been looking at nothing but concrete walls and sand for 8 months and ready to go home. These pics and others like it are getting me jumpy to get home.

Wow sounds like a exciting days ride. Thanks for the travel log it's great to read these. Sry for drop, sounds like u came out unscathed.

If while coming back depending on the time and day lemme know I wouldn't mind a job up into Wyo. If ya wanted a riding buddy.

Very nice, thanks for sharing, looking at the pics make me feel like Im right there riding too.:thumbsup:

Be careful, ride safe.

Sounds like you had a blast dude, and sorry to hear about the drop. I had my own WILD HOGS moment a few years back. I had a bird fly in front of me (from left to right) going 80 down the interstate and it wacked me in the jaw. I had just seen that move a few days before so after a short recovery on the side of the road, where I was pulling feathers and guts out of my mouth, all I could do was laugh and shout WILD HOGS. It was over 100 degrees that day so I was wearing my half shell.
More updates please!

the meetings went well today. shorter than usual. i hung out with the gray beard brigade today. Stuck inside on a perfectly good day to ride.

i did get to have lunch with my friends, Glen, Big-D and Sharp.
down town Albuquerque is kinda pretty. all the colorful tile crap everywhere. it is walk friendly too. there was alot of things going on at the clubs and such down here tonight.

i did get out for a little ride tonight. i zipped up to my Brother Tim's place and hung out with him a little.
they had asked me to move my bike anyway.
it was nice to get a little wind in my face :banana:

there are alot of folks here rollin in from all over the country.

i am on the 13th floor??? and have an awesome view of the building wall right next to me. :banghead: oh well, what do i expect for a "free" room.

im going to be here til sunday. then im going to go for a putt around the warm state of New Mexico. :thumbs:

not many pics today, but a few.

0505111116b.jpg

0505111116a.jpg

0505111115.jpg

0505111115a.jpg

0505111116.jpg

0505111239.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya know I am curious what goes on at these meetings anyways.

Sounds like a not so eventful day. Go ride and redeem the trip lol.

Ya know I am curious what goes on at these meetings anyways.

Sounds like a not so eventful day. Go ride and redeem the trip lol.

What these guys and all of us who belong to NCOM or our local COC is what gives all riders a voice so we all can ride when, where and how we want.
Boring sometimes yes, but these volunteers deserve a thanks.

Just sayin.....

yup, pretty much what Ace said.

the board of directors for the National Coalition Of Motorcyclist, is made up of some of the most intelligent and influential motorcycle rights activist in this country. we give reports on what was done in motorcycle rights this past legislative session, and what is planned for next legislative session.
we have break out siminars covering many subjects. some of this years siminars include.
Lobbying 101- sport bike issues
national view of sport bike problems
motorcycle only stops & roadblocks
women in motorcycling
clean and sober roundtable
your right to bear arms
christian unity
one of my favorites is the Confederation of Clubs- General patch holders meeting. :cheerleader: every club you've ever heard of, in the same room, together, learning how best to fight the "Man" on his own ground (the courts and legislature).

i hope i have enlightened yall to what i/we do. i love it. really don't know what else i would do if i wasn't working in motorcycle rights.
:beerchug:

Very cool man. Not only do I get to follow your epic journey..I am educated a little on ncom. Thanks a million for the monlogue and pics.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back