Dragracing video(from 2004)

Birdoprey

Registered
Ya'll will prolly get a kick out of this. The original video is HUGE, so several years ago a friend shortened it. Well, i just now got around to uploading it to Youtube(yep, first time to do that too) and even this one is over 230MB. Anyway, its of me back in 2004 running my 04 LE Busa. I was 25-30lbs lighter then and was trying to get the hang of running my bike with it lowered and -1 on the front sprocket. Was run with stk exhaust, stk unmodified airbox, stk ecu and at stk wheelbase on 87 pump gas. Got much better at it a couple of months later but never got anymore video.
Try not to laugh too much...lol!
- Mark's 1st Movie.avi[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys. Was fun. Times got much better a month or so later. At the time, i was determined to not change anything until i failed to see any improvements in my times. Something improved(though sometimes the improvements were VERY small) every time i hit the track. Was running consistant 9.5's when i moved and was unable to hit the track much.
I was more of a Test-N-Tuner than a bracket racer. Never worked much on cutting a light. Was just working on getting the best time i could with what i had. I did end up grouping my times together pretty good. On a bike that i was able to log some seat time on, i usually ran a string of 10 or so passes all within .10 and even had times with 5-6 passes within .05. That was trying for my best time, not trying to be consistant.
I did enter some bracket races from time to time though...

Picture 037.jpg

He is pretty humble too. He is very good at bracket racing! I've also seen get on other's bikes and slice off a pretty good chunk of time on the clock compared to the owners times.

Was not good enough to beat you Rick! Put me on the trailer w/ a PERFECT light the first time we ran each other, then you were the last one mathmatically that could overtake me in points at the last race of the year and you went ALL THE WAY! Was good fun though! I just try my best to not fall off the bike going down the track! lol. Too bad i've not been able to make it back to PMRA. How have you been buddy? Still racing your Busa?

Here is a pic of prolly my proudest moment. Rode a friends 06 ZX-14 for a pass just before he started qualifying for a PMRA event.
Here is the breakdown of the pass:

DA was 2400ft(measured w/ one of the racers equipment).

R/T .014
60' 1.425
330' 3.771
1/8 5.760 @ 122.58
1/4 8.990 @ 150.62

The bike:
06 ZX-14, stk filter, secondaries removed, MR-9, Brocks map for that fuel, PCIIIusb, airshifter, -1/+2 gearing, race seat pan, bolt-on extensions(bike was sitting at 64-65" wheelbase, lowered/strapped, Shinko Ultra Soft. I was 190lbs suited.
Notice the front off the ground an inch or so right at the line. Very smooth and quick/fast pass for a stk motor'd bike and a no-riding goof-ball hanging on for dear life!

caps-house-omar+058.jpg

Back