Can you say bling bling!!

07vigorblue

Donating Member
Registered
just thought i would sahre these with you. These are my calipers off the busa that im powder coating candy red. the pics are of then stripped down and with the chrom base coat on them. Yes thats Right CHROME powder coat!! i should have them finished up this weekend and will post the final pics.

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

what do you guys want to know

What you need, whats the process, maybe a how to video :laugh:

I restore old motorcycles for a side job or when I am laid off. Sometimes I get asked about it but I never got that far into customizing outside of painting.
LOL Dont take me knowing how to paint as in i do crazy custom painting cause I dont for anyone that reads this. I have done just normal painting solid colors for repair purposes. Most grueling thing I have done was redo a gass tank from the inside out of a 72 suzuki gt350 triple.

I just often thought about how to do powdercoating and thought about doing it to parts of the bike but didnt want to pay someone else a lot of money to do it for me.

Is that just regular run of the mill chrome powdercoat? Or is it the process that edelbrock uses on all their carbs? I've heard that only one guy in California does edelbrock's work and owns a patent on that special use of powdercoat. It's some sort of chrome sheeting that's vacuumed on in a vacuum chamber then sprayed clear powdercoat on top. Then baked.

Is that just regular run of the mill chrome powdercoat? Or is it the process that edelbrock uses on all their carbs? I've heard that only one guy in California does edelbrock's work and owns a patent on that special use of powdercoat. It's some sort of chrome sheeting that's vacuumed on in a vacuum chamber then sprayed clear powdercoat on top. Then baked.

No this is actuall powder coat. Which i buy buy the pound put in my gun and then spray onto the parts and then bake in my oven.

The prep work can be hard somtimes but it can also be very easy, just depends on what your coating. Depending on what color you use it will make any imperfections show very well and some will not matter at all. You really just need to alot your self a lot of time when you first start that way you can learn how to spray the part and get into hard to reach spots, and learn how to tell if you have a ground issue which will not let the powder stick to the part. When that happens you will literally watch the powder go everywhere but on the part LOL.

Back