Votes: 47 43.9%
  • Schubert

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Other

Votes: 21 19.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That's a tough choice!
Well I've narrowed it down to my absolute favorite 3.
The Shoei x-11(#74 Kato), OGK ff3(David Jaffries) and the Arai corsair(Nakano). All fit me perfectly, perform well and make me happy. I like these 3 of the 13 I have the best because of their uniqueness and why I purchased them.

IMG_1182.jpg

I went down wearing a Shoei RF-1000 and smacked it up real bad and not i own the newer Shoei RF-1100 and completely love it. So dang comfortable. Plus after seeing how well it saved my head after my last crash (didnt even have a headache) ill be sticking with them for quite awhile. I have heard though that the new HJC RPS-10 is very nice and very lightweight but i have yet to try one out.

Currently I am sporting a shoei rf1000. I plan on getting a rf1100 later this year or the beginning of next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I currently own a Shoei RF-1000 and an HJC CL-SP. The Shoei is far superior in comfort, noise reduction, weight (ligher)... Pretty much everything. The vents do whistle on it, though, which can be a little annoying, but overall I like it a lot better than the HJC. However, on your poll I chose Arai. Reason being, I tried some on at a local shop and the comfort level was quite superior even to the Shoei. The reason I got the Shoei was #1 price. Also, the color scheme fit with my bike better.

I think it depends on your noggin.

Shoei is the only helmet on the Busa, where I can tuck in all the way, with my chin on the tank looking through the stock screen, without the top of the helmet obstructing my view.

I went to Cycle Gear with my bike and tried them all on, sat on the bike and tucked in, Shoei was the only one with enough clearance above my eyes. The others work, but only a 90% tuck.

Pine, ek dink nie jou helmet is baie bekend hier in die VSA nie. Meeste gaan of vir Shoei, of Arai.

Lekker 'n boertjie in Amerika.:thumbsup:

Groete Broer!

Translated:

Nice a farmer in America. (Farmer meaning South African)

Greetings Brother!

Pine

Thanks guys very interesting!
So Shoei is the outright winner with Arai a close second.

Here's a link to a Schubert C3 Road Test

Schuberth C3 - webBikeWorld

plus a video
- Schuberth C3 Helmet[/url]

The Schubert C3 ic very quiet but here is the rub, if the helmet is in the wind deflecting from the busa screen then its as noisy as anything.

When its outside this deflected air its rather quiet.
The Schubert Manual clearly states that the helmet must be outside this deflected air.

This is probably true to all Helmets which now comes back to the question which screen is the best?

I give up.:banghead:

Thanks for partcipating:laugh:
Pine

Just for interest I have a HTC, a Shark, a Schubert C3 and two Harley Helmets with Cardo intercoms for riding with my wife.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only helmet that I could find to fit me properly was Shoei... I have an rf1000 and X-11. I won't wear anything else but, simply because of comfort.

Wow that's crazy low !
I just got one from them about a month ago. Exact same one and it was $199.
Wish I had another $159 I'd get one for the wife who never rides with me.

I have to say of all I've owned this particular RF1000 is the nicest I've ever had.

Had an Arai RX7rr4, and liked it a lot, but it pressed kind of hard on my forehead. Bought a Shoei X11, love everything about it but the way the shield only has so many positions to open. Bought a Joe Rocket CF helmet just to use at the track, and it is fine for that, but does not have as nice of an interior as the Arai/Shoei.

Just bought a pair of RF 1000 Shoeis for my wife and I that match the new bike. Haven't gotten to try them out yet

Marked down a bunch!
NEW SHOEI RF-1000 HAYABUSA HELMET WHITE/BLUE-ASST SIZES - eBay (item 270651807283 end time Feb-16-11 12:35:39 PST)

The only helmet that will go on this head is a Scorpion!!! I have loved their helmets for years!!! I have two Crackhead helmets (red/black, white/black) and I am going to buy the new Fast Times 750 this summer to go with my 2003 Limited Edition Burnt Copper Busa!!! His name is KING!!! Whoooooo, I hope Scorpion is looking at this maybe I can get a free helmet!!!

WHITE CRACKHEAD.jpg

FAST TIMES.jpg

RED CRACKHEAD.jpg

WHITE CRACKHEAD.jpg

FAST TIMES.jpg

RED CRACKHEAD.jpg

Arai Corsair. I like the fit and finnish, the vents actully work, light weight, and the shield locks. dislikes: a little noisy, cost, shield cost, shield removal, and vent tabs are to small to feel with gloves on. I also have two HJC's that are good for the price I paid.

Had Shoei helmets for as long as I can recall. My current is an X-11 and honestly until its time to replace it (or I win the lotto) I'm probably not going to look too hard for something new. This thing is weighs less than most, it moves air incredibly well but at the same time is very very quiet to wear. My head seems to fit in the Shoei better but when they make a product this nice, eh, I dont have a lot of incentives to look around :thumbsup:

Back