Swingarm extension

Thank you! She has gotten fatter in the last 2 weeks. 300 kit put on at ATC. I helped (watched) Mike and Daniel wrestle the new spring they put on my bike. Not sure I would have had the patience to do it by myself.

busa.jpg

Do I have to install a brake bar with the stretch? When installed the brake caliper seems to be pulled farther forward than I'm comfortable with. Maybe I could find a longer bar to push the caliper back towards a stock look.

Do I have to install a brake bar with the stretch? When installed the brake caliper seems to be pulled farther forward than I'm comfortable with. Maybe I could find a longer bar to push the caliper back towards a stock look.

Got my answer on the brake bar. With my kit and stock caliper hanger, I will need the brake bar.

Thanks, there's certainly a lot of inspiration here on the boards. You guys have either seen it, done it, or know someone who has.

Looks awsome. You definately need a new rear shock setup. Heavier spring and probably a revalved shock. By extending the axle out, you have changed the fulcrum or leverage point. Your current setup will be way to soft. You need to get it right so teh bike handles properly while street driving.

I am at 61/2 over with soupys lowering links. I tighened the spring and have no problems with bottoming out even with a passenger.

Busa 455.jpg

Busa 350.jpg

Busa 351.jpg

:thumbsup:That is one sweet ride. I think I will try tightening the spring and see how it feels. I don't have a passenger often, da Mrs rides her own. It's about 7 1/2 out now but I may bring it in, only problem with that is I don't like the open space behind the axle, but something has to give. Glad you approve though, so many different opinions out there, but it's an individual preference.

I completed my swingarm extension install, with one setback but it's all good now (I had to replace the rear axle when I over-torqued the axle bolt with my out of calibration elbow instead of a torque wrench):whistle:. Anyway, after I tightened the axle nut at 72.5lbs torque, I could still move the axle with the adjuster bolts. Is this normal, or do I need to tighten the axle adjuster nut more? Thanks for any help.

Im at 6.5 over and Im 250+lbs and just tightened the spring a couple turns. I ride it everywhere when the weather co-operates.
Your bike looks great.

bikepics 002.jpg

bikepics 003.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the compliment jeff355, your bike looks nice. I figured out what was wrong, needed to add extra spacers to my axle to take up some slack. Tightened right up and looks/rides well. Will post a couple pics later.

Here she is! Haven't really ridden it yet, except around the block, but I like it. Seems like it requires a little more effort to turn, but I will check it out first chance I get. Thanks for all the help and advice from the ones who know. she's about 7.5 - 8" back no spring adjustments (yet).

IMG00030-20110129-1806.jpg

IMG00032-20110129-1810.jpg

IMG00033-20110129-1818.jpg

Back