200 mph

just as a point of intrest?...whilst strapping several GenI busa's on Ken Wheelers dyno (including mine)...

DYNOTOPSPEED.jpg

as far as "Top Speed" goes?...while Grandpabusas GenI was the high RWHP winner with an undertail HMF Dual exhaust? (had me by like 1.5 rwhp)...his dyno'ed top speed was like 178 while mine was 192...gearing was the same..and as we scratched our heads over the fact that the same bike that had the top rwhp was also the slowest as far as "Top Speed" goes?...Ken Wheeler brought to our attention just how much influence...

"Different Tire Manufacturers Tire PROFILES"

can and does have on the "Top Speed" numbers...and it's huge...which also explains BOTH end results of...

1. that while grandpabusas BUSA was the slowest at top speed?

2. it was also producing some rapid torque and plenty of it.

why did his busa register great power values yet the slowest top speed?..simple...his rear tire diameter was somehow smaller...as we were not running the same tires..and possibly more worn than my brand new Pilots i had at the time..teaching me that even substancial tire wear can reflect signifigant performance deltas..but nothing the average rider would normally detect..or know about..unless strapped down and tested..or?..when running WFO with yer psycotic buds and trying to figure out why while your HP#'s are just wonderful?..and your AF ratios are spot on?...at top end you're running back of the pack..."tires"..when worn..or when you play with different sizes or altered profiles?...can be as signifigant as altering final drive teeth numbers on your sprockets...just a lil tidbit of personal experience for ya'lls minds ta munch on. :whistle: :laugh:

L8R, Bill. :cool:

I buried the needle on my 2000 a few times... hellofarush! Guage read 220+ but that wasnt real, but didnt matter to me I was close enough, I only wish I had a dash cam back then. :cool:

From Cycleworld : Suzuki Hayabusa- Cycle World

" Basic specs: A 1299cc, dohc inline-Four supersport that screamed out 161 rear-wheel horsepower and 100 ft.-lb. of torque, enough to propel this 521-pound (dry) space shuttle to a 9.86-second quarter-mile time and a phenomenal, all-time-high top speed of 194 mph. The displacement grew to 1340cc in 2008, but due to an electronically controlled 300-kph (186-mph) top-speed limit self-imposed by all the major bike manufacturers, the newer ’Busa never quite matched the original in engine performance. "

Pict0001.jpg

I've never heard of a stock Busa doing 200, no matter what year and who's riding it. It won't happen in the mile, mile-1/2, or anywhere. I have friends who race LSR, I've been riding Busas for years, so I am pretty sure this can't be done.

P.

:beerchug:

if you want to know how fast it is ill be at maxton you should come its a lot of fun and 200 is tough to do all motor with no work, and if your over 150lb its hard no matter what you got done to your bike ..... unless theres some boost in there
200 is a tough cookie and its even harder in a standing mile but its lot of fun

Last edited:
just as a point of intrest?...whilst strapping several GenI busa's on Ken Wheelers dyno (including mine)...

DYNOTOPSPEED.jpg

as far as "Top Speed" goes?...while Grandpabusas GenI was the high RWHP winner with an undertail HMF Dual exhaust? (had me by like 1.5 rwhp)...his dyno'ed top speed was like 178 while mine was 192...gearing was the same..and as we scratched our heads over the fact that the same bike that had the top rwhp was also the slowest as far as "Top Speed" goes?...Ken Wheeler brought to our attention just how much influence...

"Different Tire Manufacturers Tire PROFILES"

can and does have on the "Top Speed" numbers...and it's huge...which also explains BOTH end results of...

1. that while grandpabusas BUSA was the slowest at top speed?

2. it was also producing some rapid torque and plenty of it.

why did his busa register great power values yet the slowest top speed?..simple...his rear tire diameter was somehow smaller...as we were not running the same tires..and possibly more worn than my brand new Pilots i had at the time..teaching me that even substancial tire wear can reflect signifigant performance deltas..but nothing the average rider would normally detect..or know about..unless strapped down and tested..or?..when running WFO with yer psycotic buds and trying to figure out why while your HP#'s are just wonderful?..and your AF ratios are spot on?...at top end you're running back of the pack..."tires"..when worn..or when you play with different sizes or altered profiles?...can be as signifigant as altering final drive teeth numbers on your sprockets...just a lil tidbit of personal experience for ya'lls minds ta munch on. :whistle: :laugh:

L8R, Bill. :cool:

Yeah, but 192 Mph on the Dyno is not equal to 192 Mph on the road. There is no aerodynamic drag on the dyno

You have my kind of sense of humour, dude,, a wee bit touched! :laugh: Not bad for a nOob! :thumbsup:

I wouldn't go for the Vigor Blue... I heard somewhere that big giant cattle in Texas were attackin' Busa of that color :whistle: :laugh:

For this reason I think white is the fastest color too, this would never happen to a white Busa. :rulez:

wheres your sence of adventure..lol :laugh:

x 100,000,00000000!

see wood agrees a bizillion % :cheerleader::lol:

if you want to know how fast it is ill be at maxton you should come its a lot of fun and 200 is tough to do all motor with no work, and if your over 150lb its hard no matter what you got done to your bike ..... unless theres some boost in there
200 is a tough cookie and its even harder in a standing mile but its lot of fun

im with Ratfink on this one.

sorry for pokin fun at the thread..but..sometimes..ya gotta

Yeah, but 192 Mph on the Dyno is not equal to 192 Mph on the road. There is no aerodynamic drag on the dyno

understood...as a matter of fact there's also dyno-dyno deviation..but that's not the point i was trying to make which you apparently missed...which IS...

How varying tire profiles/diameter/makes/wear can heavily influence topped out speed...point in case...we registered a 14mph top end variance between brand new michelin pilots and slightly worn dunlops on 2 comparably equipped..well tuned busas making within 1.5 rwhp of each other...and that's a substancial dif where/how i ride.

Back