Help. Hotbodies hugger for Gen 1

AJAY

Registered
Found a Hotbodies rear tire hugger in my color on ebay. Looks like I got all the parts, but no instructions. The side with the chain looks to be a no brainer, but I can't figure out the side with the rear brake. Can anybody who has one of these things installed post a picture for me?

Couple pics below. The stainless steel bracket looks like it clamps around the swingarm. In the third pic, I'm holding part of the stainless bracket next to the holes in the hugger. The holes in the tire hugger match the spacing on the end of the clamp that has two holes in it. but the holes in the hugger are angled so that the clamp would not go around the swingarm at that angle. What am I missing here?

CIMG7155.jpg

CIMG7158.jpg

CIMG7160.jpg

The written install instructions are crap at best, so I drilled the indents where it appeared the screws would go.
I got so pissed when I discovered I'd drilled an unneeded hole that I tore them up.
But not before I took a real good look at the grainy pics and figured out how they'd installed the bracket.

Here's pics of mine. Ignore all the road grime. :laugh:
IMAG0011.jpg
IMAG0010.jpg
The "unneeded hole" is the one above where the hugger is notched to fit over the brake line. Looks like your's has it too.
There was an indent there so I drilled it, but as you'll see the brake line won't allow the bracket to fit there.
IMAG0009.jpg

IMAG0011.jpg

IMAG0010.jpg

IMAG0009.jpg

Last edited:
The written install instructions are crap at best, so I drilled the indents where it appeared the screws would go.
I got so pissed when I discovered I'd drilled an unneeded hole that I tore them up.
But not before I took a real good look at the grainy pics and figured out how they'd installed the bracket.

Here's pics of mine. Ignore all the road grime. :laugh:
View attachment 205954
View attachment 205955
The "unneeded hole" is the one above where the hugger is notched to fit over the brake line. Looks like your's has it too.
There was an indent there so I drilled it, but as you'll see the brake line won't allow the bracket to fit there.
View attachment 205956
Ok, that's the only way I saw how to do it. You only used one of the two holes drilled into the fiber glass hugger. on the brake side.

Thanks a million! :thumbsup:

Back