New bike- Honda VFR1200F -I bought one

mountainmotor

Donating Member
Registered
I just wanted to share new bike day for the wife and I . We bought the 6spd manual version .

Honda got the driveshaft right on this one. It uses a CV joint unlike other shafts. Only one on the road currently using this design and I can't tell it doesn't have a chain on it. Killer brakes
< really>, slipper clutch, big bang firing sequence - it rocks ! Low miles so i've been easy on it but it handles great and feels thin and nimble when riding. Nice and comfortable for my over 6' frame which is something really needed these days. The engine is a nice, simplistic layout.

I have owned many a motorcycle over the years and really like this one. :thumbsup:

More on the driveshaft here

Honda V4 / English / News

A PDF file with pics of the engine layout here.

VFR1200F - Official Pics and data (closed). - Honda VFR Club

Some pics of the bike.

image027-1.jpg

image022.jpg

image028.jpg

image023.jpg

image018-1.jpg

image021.jpg

Congratulations, welcome to the VFR brotherhood! :welcome:
Did you get a good deal on it ? They seemed horribly pricy last time I looked.

I actually have a sibling that keeps my busa & XX company:
trio-1.jpg

Very nice! - You have Honda's answer to the BMW K1300S.

The new VFR is the bike I really wanted, but here they are priced at $25,000, which was just waaaaaaayyyyyy too much. If Honda Australia would just drop the price down to the $20k mark I think they'd sell a lot more of them.

Hey - Thanks for the replies . :beerchug:

We gave $13,699.00 and arranged deep discounts on the accessories . I have the centerstand here and we are thinking about just soft bagging it and a Cycle Venture kit for trips. 1100 some odd bucks with discount seems still pricey for the color match hard bags. They are kinda neat though, so maybe later.

I did alot of prepurchase research , read about the disappointed loyalist's who wanted a V-5 with chain drive and all that . We bought it for what it is . On paper it met every need we have for these days and the future then------

I was able to test ride another 1200F that had been serviced . That was the clincher. It's really fun to ride which helps offset that purchase price.

Have you priced Honda's hard bags for it? They should have came on it.

I have said right from the introduction that the styling is not my cup of tea (the same can be said for many Hondas over the past 5 yrs or so) but I must say upon close examination I am really impressed by the level of fit & finish and detail work (of course...it's a HONDA!) and the quality of the paint is really very nice. Nice ride, just not for me.:thumbsup:

Very futuristic looking! Nice scoot :beerchug:

I heard that it had a small tank and theat limited range, .made it unwanted for touring ??? Is this true???

Last edited:
Those are really nice, won't mind one in the stable.

How is the comfort 2up compared to the Busa?

Your pics really show off the lines of the bike, and i have to say it's really a sharp looking bike. Congrats!

Back