My odessey so far,bike shopping...

theshnizzle

Rainbow of Skittles
Registered
Trying to buy the bike I desire ( note...not want or need but desire..) has been pretty frustrating.
Bike one......after the seller and I finally agreed upon a price,( bike had some damage from rubbing against another bike while being transported in a trailer,whole rear section required among a few other things),half hour after seller agrees to price,seller sends me a email saying that someone was coming to look at the bike and if he didn't want it,it would be sold to me. I was the first person who actually rode 3 hours each way to see the bike,first person who called as well...

Bike two....dude in Toledo, communicated for 3 days, then told him I was coming on the Friday,he decides to sell the bike at the dealership instead,tells me if I want the bike, I have to go buy it from the dealership....

Bike 3......Org. member,I ask for his number,call him, chat on the phone,tell him I will take the Greyhound down to the southern climes, ride back,sounds good we both agree, after trying several times to communicate, I never hear from him again....

Bike 4.....the latest,where bike was 3 days drive away,while trying to arrange shipping,seller has a change of heart,decides to keep the bike..

Now it's back to endless clicking on individual cities on Craigslist,"search..."Hayabusa"....and I am just demoralized from it all. The blue,grey,black ones are out there but I would really like a white one.

I have thought of just capitulating and picking up a blue one, but I know I wouldn't be happy, I would be settling...

A few pple have asked me whats wrong with the bike I have,nothing really, other than it's getting up there in k,97,500 so far,I prolly have one more season on it before it starts to be a daily upkeep, the last two seasons I have put about 40,000 k on the bike.

But, I am going to be 50( ARGHHHHHHHHH) in about 3 days, and this season especialyy, I can feel arthritis creeping into my hips,and wrists,this summer after doing the Skyway, before I hit the Gap, I had to stop and pop 3 Advil, I was in pain,knees,hips and wrists...Sometimes I get off the bike and I kinda have to drag my left leg until it's mobile again...

So, before I buckle and eventually buy a more upright type of a bike,like a CBF 1000,you know, something like that, I am going to borrow a wee bit of lettuce from my bank and get the bike I really love...a white busa...

Anyway, the fun anticipation of looking and finding the right bike is pretty much gone, I guess the right bike will have to fall into my lap now, i am just tired of looking.

Oh, and, yes, I had contacted a guy locally to maybe paint my bike white after going to his place and showing him the bike with some ideas, I never heard from him again either....

Thanks for listening......

Ride safe,cheers

Shnizz....

( Maybe it's just not meant to be....???)

Wow, I hope you find one soon my friend. Whats more, I hope you find someone that will honor the deal they made with you. A mans word used to mean something.

Maybe if you do stop looking there will be one just fall into your hands, Good luck and I hope you get your white one. Cause they are in my opinion HOTT:laugh:

Been watching the prices during silly season this year. Prices are not falling like years past. Good luck:thumbsup:

Buy a new one! or make me a stupid offer on "pearl" I will sell her for the right price.:laugh:

P1010003.jpg

IMG_1037.jpg

I would just buy the upright bike now and enjoy the heck out of it! My BKing is more bike than I can handle due to I don't get to ride as much as I'd like. With the miles your putting on, you should get a super sport tourer and enjoy it!! Good Luck with whatever you do.

Buy a new one! or make me a stupid offer on "pearl" I will sell her for the right price.:laugh:

$38 and lunch a I-HOP? Wait, wrong way on the stupid, nevermind:laugh:

Schnizzle-Sounds like things just dont wanna like up for ya, you still got you current Busa so it not all bad. Now go ride and cheer yourself up:thumbsup:

Been watching the prices during silly season this year. Prices are not falling like years past. Good luck:thumbsup:

No, they are not are they....There is a guy on Kijij who is selling a Gen 1 white and I sent him a email,he said that if the person currently lookinhg at it....blah,blah,blah, but when I saw the posting again his price went from 7,900 something to 8850 !!1 WTF???

Hope you get what you want, but with the health comments you made about your riding maybe a B King is order :laugh: more comfy seating position and still a good bang for your buck.

Dont get discourage, I know is hard, but if you settle for something else you might regret it. You might need to do some research for your white busa but it will be worth it. Im a lil far from the area you want but if I can help let me know, Best of luck...

Hope you get what you want, but with the health comments you made about your riding maybe a B King is order :laugh: more comfy seating position and still a good bang for your buck.

No,no,no, I am not ready yet. Well, maybe my body is but not my mind. I so love the busa, it just makes my breath catch in my chest when I look at it in the garage. I am not ready to give up that little thrill of excitment when I look at her.

And it's like every time! You would think it would kind of abate but it doesn't I don't think I felt like that with my CBR.

( Whats tempest??)

Back