Trailering your Busa??

rmodel65

Registered
so i got a 4x4 Taco its stock height but has 31inch tires on it so its fairly high off the ground. im thinking about buying a trailer what cheap solutions do you guys have for hauling? ive seen the harbor freight wheel chock everyone uses does everyone just bolt it down on a regular trailer?? ive thought about ramps and the chock in the back of the truck but i dunno whats best and id like to take the bike to Philly and maybe NY next year cause its would be a pain trying trying to take a decent amounts of clothes in a pack on sport bike:lol:

cause its would be a pain trying trying to take a decent amounts of clothes in a pack on sport bike:lol:

Not really. Ventura luggage

IMG_4065%20(Large) (Medium).jpg

High is ok, just have to find a low spot, my f250 is pretty tall with 305 tires on it. :laugh:

twotonevert meet 004.jpg

well im considering the trailer option because i could use it for more than just moving the bike...i wouldnt mind having luggage but Philly is about a 14 hour ride....something id rather do in a cage and have the option of 2 wheels once i get there i got hit by a car(rear ended while riding my harley) three years ago so long rides are a little harsh

I use a harbor freight chock, the one built like the condors. I just strap it in, not bolt it. Its not going anywhere after you get the bike in it.

i have never been a fan of trailers. every time i put my bike on a trailer, it gets damaged. i would say if you are going to get a trailer, get a good one. harbor freight makes junk for the most part. i have an old trailer house, with the house part knocked off. it works. my friends have atv trailers, expanded metal beds, 4 wheels, nice stuff. trailers are also a pain in traffic, hard to find a place to park, and can be unhooked and stolen. it may be good to have both. put a chock in the back of your truck (mmmm taco, makes me hungry), and get a good ramp. nothing worse than going off the side of a skinny ramp. and then keep your eye out for a good trailer.

too bad you can't go the distance. i live for the long ride.

im sure i could go the distance but the next day id be stiff :p i love riding planning on riding to Biketoberfest this month:beerchug:

i might see what all they have to offer but i wont have a way to bring anything back :p

Hard to see - but I haul a 6' x 14' trailer with my Taco...pulls great!

TacoTrailerBash.jpg

TacoTrailerBash.jpg

i find a low spot for truck and ramp - my trailer is like the one the lawn mower guys use - it's perfect - harbor chocks for both - never a problem ---

i can vouch for the harbor freight chocks....work great and good quality for the price you pay. My busa fits in the back of my Ram Big Horn with no problems.

If you have a truck to haul and not worries about road dirt, rain, or over night thefts...dont bother with the trailer. I have an F-150 with 35s, use 2 ramps ( one for me and one for the MULLET ) I of course have to have the air ride at full hight and it goes right up the ramps ( 9ft arched ramps ). Use my Baxley chuck in the front.

Here is an over stuffed F150 pic for you:laugh:

DSC00258.jpg

I own a few trailers, here is a link to them, we use e track plus harbor freight wheel chocks that have been modified to allow placement any place on the e track, then you can move the tie down points to miss body work, I normally tie down from the triple clamp, the riders pegs, and then the rear tire....Kieth ps I never use a canyon dancer since I once broke a clip on with one.

I trailer a lot: Bumper Sticker on my bikes: If you see this motorcycle being ridden in Kansas Call 911 its Stolen........!!

Trailering Equipment - kieth's Photos

Last edited:
Back