Go in!!!

When you say it will work. It's just the same as if it was on the right, right?

It does not matter which side of the swingarm you put the nut (left or right)...but the bracket goes outside the swingarm!
Posted via Mobile Device

Stock location for the nut IS on the right side, but it will work on the left also...the bracket DOES need to be on the outside of the swingarm!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

:welcome:Hi Rich!:laugh:

Got her done took about 2 minutes once I corrected my mistakes and put it on the outside of the swingarm. I torqued it to 72.5lbs and that's all she wrote. :thumbsup:

100_0977.jpg

100_0980.jpg

100_0978.jpg

yikes not to many threads on that nut engaged with the axle. The cotter pin wont even fit. I would at least drill and safety wire it together.

You have no space for the safety (cotter pin) on the axle nut. If your dead set on using the license plate bracket you need to machine down the axle nut spacer down the thickness of your license plate bracket. If you do that then you can add the cotter pin.

Cotter pin vs ebay axle nut license plate holder with out a light to show the plate at night time, I think I would go with the cotter pin option. Your mod needs work to be safe and legal. Good luck

Your experiencing that not all mods are quick and simple. Good luck

You have no space for the safety (cotter pin) on the axle nut. If your dead set on using the license plate bracket you need to machine down the axle nut spacer down the thickness of your license plate bracket. If you do that then you can add the cotter pin.

Cotter pin vs ebay axle nut license plate holder with out a light to show the plate at night time, I think I would go with the cotter pin option. Your mod needs work to be safe and legal. Good luck

I agree, I'm gonna pull it back off and grind the nut with a dremel and for the lighting I have some led license plate bolts.

Don't grind the nut, I would machine the aluminum block that moves back and forth too adj. the chain.
To do the job right you should remove what the thickens of the license plate bracket is from the back of the aluminum block.
That way you still have the same amount of threads on the nut and still use the cotter pin.
Good luck.
Sam

Grinding the nut is a bad idea...slide block or thin the license plate bracket a little.

Go with theslide block...not much meat on the bracket.

That's what I meant to put. I was referring to the ('slide block' the square silver piece) not the axle nut, which gets screwed to the axle.

When sitting on my bike. I have the same license plate bracket and it is on my right side. With the axle nut on the same side. So you would be pushing the axle through left-right.

This isn't the best pic, but you are still able to see how mine is for the most part.

Mine is also pointed down far enough so speed cameras can't see my plate numbers....:whistle:

382.jpg

Last edited:
When sitting on my bike. I have the same license plate bracket and it is on my right side. With the axle nut on the same side. So you would be pushing the axle through left-right.

This isn't the best pic, but you are still able to see how mine is for the most part.

Mine is also pointed down far enough so speed cameras can't see my plate numbers....:whistle:

Could you fit the cotter pin or some wire through the axle nut without grinding anything?

Back