Hong Kong Plastics ( Pics )

wow, thats a bummer

What's a bummer? The fairings or the shapely girl ?

BTW, my bike came with HK fairings and they fit 95% OK, enough that I have replacement side fairings for my Busa and side + front fairings for my CBR1100xx on the way. Will post pics when I get them.

micronf.JPG

Got my new fairings in and fitted. Fit is actually better than my previous ones, finish remains to be seen. There is a slight roughness which is invisible to the naked eye, but you can feel it with your hands. Still, they look good and the reflective 3M Kanji I had made really catches the light!

newfairings1.jpg

So far I've been able to find all OEM stuff on Ebay and the Org classifieds. Gettin' down to the front (nose) fairing is all that's left. Got a choice of aftermarket ABS or fiberglass, or roll the dice, wait, and hope a used one shows up for a reasonable price.
It's a gamble one way or the other it looks.

So far I've been able to find all OEM stuff on Ebay and the Org classifieds. Gettin' down to the front (nose) fairing is all that's left. Got a choice of aftermarket ABS or fiberglass, or roll the dice, wait, and hope a used one shows up for a reasonable price.
It's a gamble one way or the other it looks.

Skip the fiberglass ones, they suck compared to the aftermarket ABS ones. I speak from experience with Airtech fiberglass parts.

Skip the fiberglass ones, they suck compared to the aftermarket ABS ones. I speak from experience with Airtech fiberglass parts.

Airtech was the company I was looking at with the 'glass parts. Shop I deal with says they've always had good luck with them, but was saving them as the last chance.
I've got 'til spring, something will come along.

Last edited:
That was the company with the 'glass parts. Shop I deal with says they've always had good luck with them, but was saving Airtech as the last chance.
I've got 'til spring, something will come along.

What exactly are you looking for? Thy guy who made mine will do one off orders, even custom paint.

What exactly are you looking for? Thy guy who made mine will do one off orders, even custom paint.

Just a stock, replacement front fairing. I'm going to have everything painted at once here locally.
All the OEM ones on Ebay so far are either rashed and/or broken, or if in good shape, just a few $$ less than a new one from Zuk.
There is an aftermarket ABS one I'm watching.
Like I said, a gamble. Do I go for an aftermarket and maybe risk poor fit, or wait in hopes of a deal on an OEM.
And as I said, I have until spring, so leaning toward waiting on an OEM to show.

Hmm, this search seems to show quite a variety although many of them are a funky fiberglass version with a sharp point. ???

I'll look through them this afternoon when I get off work. One of them is the aftermarket one I'm thinking about getting. I'll check out the OEMs first though.
3:30AM, to fuzzy to make sense of it now.
Thanks for the help..
Tom

maybe kawa is diffrent in hong kong :laugh:

@valentin - where is bike ? i cant see bike.. what bike.. :laugh: :laugh:

Last edited:
I ordered mine from fastfairing.com....It came in 3 days and beside one small flaw on the nose where it looks like the packaging rubbed the clear coat off, it was perfect. Mine is the black and maroon BUSA.

2%20bussas.jpg

I'm particular, and keep my machines for a long time. So for me paying more for oem isn't a problem for perfect fit/look and a nice tight rattle free factory ride. Plus like somebody else mentioned the time you spend getting the cheap parts to fit pretty much negates any savings, and I'm not one to spend hours getting substandard parts to fit on my bike for an "okay" look. The busa deserves better :thumbsup:

I'm particular, and keep my machines for a long time. So for me paying more for oem isn't a problem for perfect fit/look and a nice tight rattle free factory ride. Plus like somebody else mentioned the time you spend getting the cheap parts to fit pretty much negates any savings, and I'm not one to spend hours getting substandard parts to fit on my bike for an "okay" look. The busa deserves better :thumbsup:

You can have these ordered and on their way to you in 2 minutes if you buy them off ebay. I already have a set on both my CBR1100xx (replaced OEM) and my Busa and I'll tell you that the fit is pretty damned good, and they have gotten a lot better since the early ones.

The massive savings are certainly worth any small fitment problems you might get. I have no rattles on any of mine, they anchor at the same places as the OEM ones do so I don't see why they would.

My new fairings arrived in the mail today and because I had a little time I spent some time unpacking and examining them closely. Here are some observations:
1. The (painted) finish on these fairings is excellent, better than any I have received before.
2. The packaging did a better job protecting them this time, no broken tabs. Pretty much every corner has been wrapped and taped. The only problem I have found is a small 1/8" nick on the tank cover that a dot of black paint should fix easily.
3. The detail especially in terms of mounting points is better than my previous set.
4. The inner textured pieces could pass off as OEM originals, especially impressed with those.
5. The red is a little darker than I had hoped, more of a maroon. On the plus side, I now have flames on the front wheel fairings, side, top, rear and tank fairings.
6. There are no decals whatsoever which I prefer as I like having mine cut from 3M reflective material.
7. Heat shields are included and pre-cut. Woo hoo!
8. There is some kind of blanking cover to cover one of the stock openings in the tail fairing.
9. Windshield is a medium double bubble, again well packaged with no scratches.
10. As best as I can tell, there are at least 22 pieces included, so pretty much the entire bike exterior is included.

I also picked up a new chrome stator cover which is also very well made as well as 2 brand new Yoshi pipes for an absolute steal.

Going to be busy this weekend! Will take lots of pictures.

In summary, I feel like anybody wanting to replace their fairings will not be disappointed at all in a set like i just got. You can even hide that dented tank if you have one.

Back