BusaWhipped down

BusaWhipped

Donating Member
Registered
I went down on Saturday during the MNG group ride. It rained Friday night, but the streets were dry by lunch time when we rolled into Jasper. The parking spot I was going into was in the shade so the leaves had not dried out, but I wasn't thinking about wet conditions anymore. The front tire went into the leaves and washed out causing Luci to body slam me onto the asphault at somewhere between 5 and 10 mph. My helmet saved me from an ambulance ride. ATGATT.

I'm fine for the most part. A concussion will keep me at home for a couple of days. I tried going to work this morning, that didn't go very well.

1. Poor Luci :(
2. Residue from the leaves.
3. The hemet.

IMG_0471[1].jpg

IMG_0473[1].jpg

IMG_0474.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry to hear the bad news bro...take care with that concussion.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sorry to hear, Dennis, but at least Luci was in her racing suit. Take a few days off and get yourself together. Let us know if you need anything.

Least it was not a total disaster. Heal up quick

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I told him I would get my air brush out and paint a bandaid or two over her scratches. He didn't much like that idea. :whistle: Just glad it wasn't worse.

Sorry to hear, Dennis, but at least Luci was in her racing suit. Take a few days off and get yourself together. Let us know if you need anything.

Thanks, but nothing needed. The rashed up skins are the disposable ones for the track, and are still good enough for the track. The rest of the damage is just some scrapes. Luci is a tough old beotch. All I need is a fairing bolt to replace the one that broke off and I have some spares laying around.

If I had her Revolution masterpiece of a street body on, I'd be crying for sure.

Sorry about the busa. Thanks for letting me stay with you and Trish, I enjoy both of you so much!:thumbsup:

Dang it brother..sorry to hear about this, but like was said already..good thing he was in his track suit!

Hope your noggin heals quick...!

Funny, i was riding today and thinking i should post up a "Beware of wet leaves" thread as they have already started falling here.

I do call "Luci" a him since it's short for Lucifer...well unless we go back to the old suffragette days and the devil is a woman! :laugh:

Glad the damage was minimal. YAY HELMETS!

I wasn't aware you had another set of plastics for that bike, I had just figured you'd beat the snot out of it. :laugh:

Sorry to hear Dennis, good to know you are OK.

Were you on the front brake when the wheel washed out?

Back