Gained a riding partner today!

hckyguy1

Registered
Today, a good friend of mine bought his first bike. its a 2001 gsxr 600. Finally, I will have a friend to ride with that doesnt pull wheelies off of every stop light...

He had me come with him to test ride it for him and ride it home when he bought it as he doesnt have his license yet, he will be taking the MSF course this month. He got it for a little over 2000 and its got a good number of aftermarket parts on it, including a PC3r, so I think it was a pretty good deal and he will have alot of fun with it.

Heres some pictures of his new gsxr and my Busa.

DSCN0787.jpg

DSCN0788.jpg

DSCN0789.jpg

DSCN0792.jpg

EDIT2.jpg

Good to have a riding partner. Im getting my busa pretty soon and my two sons are getting bikes also. I cant wait.

TDAWG: Ya i know what your saying, my dad has a really nice harley, but I can never get him to go riding with me. always ask, but he never wants to.

Benjamin24: thats exactly what I thought when he showed me the pictures of it. Its got some scratches and what not but its in pretty good condition. I think its a great bike for the price.

ya it needs a new rear tire right away. i could tell it needed one when I first saw it, but man I got on the interstate and 30 miles later I had melted it down to the wires almost. so I got it home, and he is getting a tire ordered up tomorrow, as well as a jacket. I may be getting a new helmet and if so he will be taking my old one as well as my old gloves, if not he will have to buy a helmet too, but for now he is using mine as we wear the same size.

My brother got his first street bike (2007 gixxer 600) 2 months ago (he's been on dirt bikes since he was 8, he'll be 21 next week). It was just as fun (well almost) as when I first got mine. My father just got a Harley also. I didn't put 300 miles on my Busa last summer. Now we ride almost every day, even if it's a quick one.

Very nice looking ride (both of you), have fun, be safe !!

Good starter bike. Might want to give him a little while to learn the bike before riding together, just a thought... Looks like he got a good deal :thumbsup:

Back