I'll be doing 1,000+ miles on Monday, the 31st

How bad does traffic get around Baltimore/D.C. area on Memorial Day ? Or do you plan on being long past there by then ?

I've always wanted to go to the wall on Memorial Day, on my bike. I bet it would be a mad house, huh ?

How bad does traffic get around Baltimore/D.C. area on Memorial Day ? Or do you plan on being long past there by then ?

I've always wanted to go to the wall on Memorial Day, on my bike. I bet it would be a mad house, huh ?

It could be bad. We're leaving Germantown at 4:00am so we'll be long gone before it gets bad.

Be safe and be careful. ABOVE ALL HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!! Take pics and check in when you can. :cheerleader::thumbsup:

Be safe and be careful. ABOVE ALL HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!! Take pics and check in when you can. :cheerleader::thumbsup:

Thanks. I'll do the best I can to stay safe. Not sure when I can check in. Depends on what time I get home. Got to go to work the next day.....or call in sick.:rofl:

One more sleep folks....one more sleep. I just cannot wait. Too excited.:cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

Have a safe trip man and post pics. :please: I meant to click the :thumbsup: sorry lol

I rode to D.C. for the Memorial Day Parade 3 years ago. There were alot of bikes and by alot I mean nearly 3 million. Its alot of traffic but believe it or not it all moves pretty good. Everyone seems to be careful (for the most part) and the police are not all that strict. Unless your acting a fool of course.

Last edited:
well I just got an update from Sleepless.

They have (with a coworker) been riding around 479 miles, and now in Union Grove, NC
Bad storm out there so they are turning around and heading back.

Proof that Jesse's bike do get wet n dirrrrty :laugh:

photo.jpg

Last edited:
2nd update

They are at Camp Creek WVA

no letting up with the rain.

Said they will still go on and and still do the 1K trip with different route.

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

I thought they would get wet today, just didn't think we would have the strong storms so early in the day. Hope they make it home ok:thumbsup:

Sorry for the late Update!

i was taking a ride on my couch... ???

they are about 89 Miles from Home (Md)

But i think they dont wanna go home yet!

Current Location Strasburg, VA and soaking wet n cold!

Man 1K or higher! :thumbsup::cheerleader:

photo4.jpg

Hello, fellow .orgsters. I got home about 20 minutes ago. It took us almost 19 hours to do it. Man, what a day. 5 hours of riding in pouring down rain. I'm just happy that we didn't get hit by lightning in NC.
That storm was pretty bad. We didn't expect it that early in the day. We were less than 100 miles away from Rock Hill when the storm hit.

I'll tell you guys the rest of the ride tomorrow. I just finished eating and going to bed now. Got to go to work tomorrow.

Good night.:beerchug:

Back