Show Us Your Chicken Strips

I got 6,000 miles on the first set...and there are 3,000 on these.

I'll admit it...i'm just SKEEERED to lean it over!!

hayabusa 056.jpg

Doyle, your rear tire looks like you have your suspension and tire pressure figured out. Wear looks perfect! :thumbsup:

However, it is a michelin you know! :poke:

I should've known you would notice that Steven, once again, you gain credibility with me!
(in spite of being a Michelin hater)

Doyle

Here's what I got. Shinko 005's. About 200 more miles and they'll have 2000 on them. Still got a little bit further to go on the strips.

SSPX0121.jpg

SSPX0123.jpg

SSPX0122.jpg

SSPX0124.jpg

SSPX0125.jpg

No chicken strips here, but looking through some pictures trying to find mine I found something that should make a few of you all smile. When I first started at MR I happened across a busa in the parking lot, found out later it belonged to Kevin (VMan1300) I was so shocked to see tire wear like this on a busa I sent a friend a pic, Kevin came out and struck up a convo as I sent the last one. And that folks is how I came to know VMan!

Hope your reading this bud :please: brings a tear to my eye just too see this..

Miss you my friend :beerchug: keep a set warm for me!

PIC-0406.jpg

PIC-0407.jpg

PIC-0408.jpg

Last edited:
Good old BT014 enjoying a track day.

100_0565.jpg

Good new BT014 enjoying country side.

100_4523.JPG

Last edited:
Well, there's some valuable stuff here. Any other offers? :whistle:

My favorite tires are the Avon Storms. They're perfect for my riding style which is mostly highway. They're excellent in the wet, too. I've been caught in the rain many times before and the roads felt like they're dry.

They last a long time, too. I think I get more than 10,000 miles out of the rear. Mind you, I don't abuse them and I don't ride hard at all. Here's a pic of the rear with maybe 5,000 miles on it.
4636760241_c65a74a010_b.jpg

If you live in a place with not that many twisties around you, I highly recommend them.

I can't wait to try the new Storm 2 Ultra.

My favorite tires are the Avon Storms. They're perfect for my riding style which is mostly highway. They're excellent in the wet, too. I've been caught in the rain many times before and the roads felt like they're dry.

They last a long time, too. I think I get more than 10,000 miles out of the rear. Mind you, I don't abuse them and I don't ride hard at all. Here's a pic of the rear with maybe 5,000 miles on it.
4636760241_c65a74a010_b.jpg

If you live in a place with not that many twisties around you, I highly recommend them.

I can't wait to try the new Storm 2 Ultra.

They work well in the twisties too. Not sure how many miles are on this one. Its been to Eureka Springs AR, the Dragon, Mountain Home AR, Mason City IA, Waterloo, OH, countless commutes, and a bit of fun time on the weekends.

DSCI0037 (Medium).jpg

Last edited:
This is less than 3500 miles of "Street Only".
I will not show the right side.:whistle:

Bubba

IMG_9575.jpg

What I hate about always riding the slab, is when you do finely get into the twisty's (with that flat spot) you're fighting the bike in every turn !!

I LOVE my Qualifiers & want to try the Q 2's.....But would the PP 2 CT's (or Pilot Pures ?) be better for someone that rides 70% highway - 30% twisty's ?

Last edited:
Back