I think I need a starter cover?

Vega

Registered
So I found the oil leak...

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like I have a crack in the starter cover?

Searched around ebay and only found one for a 99-01, and I have a black on black 02... Are they different?

Do any of you sponsors have a deal on one of these right now?

Thanks!

:beerchug:

If you look, there are billet covers around... not sure how you got it cracked. Covers from 99-07 should be the same.

yup, it's cracked from starter kickback. :beerchug: Been there, and went with a billet cover to prevent it from hapenning again.

P4115679.jpg

P5025829.jpg

P1106366.jpg

Thanks guys! :thumbsup:

And is it possible for this to be causing a oil leak? ???

Also, I'm still discovering so many issues the previous owner neglected to mention to me... :rulez: (An org member) :banghead:

From one 1 mile pass at full song enough oil came out of the hairline crack that the right side of my bike was covered past the fairing, from my knee down my leg was covered, the rear tire, etc. There was even some left over that puddled in the lower fairing. The oil made the inside of the fairing look shiny.

At idle or low throttle the leak isn't as noticeable.

P4045558.jpg

P4045559.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah it pretty much drenched the inside of my fairing... Nothing on my leg tho fortunately...

Where did you get yours? I can't seem to find one... ???

Thanks! :beerchug:

why not upgrade to the 03 and newer starter setup and use the newer type cover?

FBG makes a billet cover but it wont fit under the fairings. It has additional clearance/space for an ignition module. The only other one I had found was from TTS.

I have stock covers and gaskets in stock.I also have nice used 03 up starter conversion kits..

Yeah it pretty much drenched the inside of my fairing... Nothing on my leg tho fortunately...

Where did you get yours? I can't seem to find one... ???

Thanks! :beerchug:

And just a little on my Driveway.:whistle:

It's all good, I guess this answers my question about the weekends ride!:laugh:

But if you need to use the garage to do the repairs, just let me know and I will clear an area for that Black Beauty!.:thumbsup:

Bubba

But if you need to use the garage to do the repairs, just let me know and I will clear an area for that Black Beauty!.:thumbsup:

Bubba

Thanks Bubba! I really appreciate it! Yeah, Black Beauty won't be going anywhere until I can get this leak fixed... Def wanted to do that ride tho... I may just have to take you up on that when I can get the part... :beerchug:

Bubba

This is one of the reasons why I like being a .org member and riding with the SoCal Hoons!

Back