Random Weekend Pix

Scar

Seasoned Pilot
Donating Member
Registered
So, Friday, I got my throttle-on and headed back to the Coast.

Left Coast. Black Gold... Starbucks. Diego. Where the Surf meets the Turf...

Cal-e-for-nee-ah's the place I oughtta be...so I fueled up the 'bus and went left Beverly...Hills--that is...swimmin' pools...movie stars...

But I digress.

Anyway, I got into town about 8:30 or so...

Saturday morning, I had a ride planned with the SoCalHoons, so JD, Don and I headed out to remind the springtime-asphalt just who was in charge.

We rolled over every significant stretch of pavement in SoCal. It was amazing.

1) the bikes
2) Wasabi
3) Don (CBR1000RR)

Foot of Montezuma (Borrego Springs (2)).jpg

Wasabi (foot of Montezuma).jpg

Don Swanson (SYsabel).jpg

We all headed out to Oggi's for pizza Saturday night, late, so Adam d'Hoon could join us.

Sunday, Ken (Klatu848) came down from Rialto to ride a half-day with me, before I packed up and headed east to Phoenix.

It was a fantastic day; I could hardly tear myself away to do the responsible thing and head back to verk.

Here are a couple of pix of that outing. Locations you might recognize...:whistle:

2 Busas at Cameron.jpg

2 Busas at Sunrise (wKen).jpg

2 Busas & Pie.jpg

Pie.jpg

After riding all day w/Ken, I went home, packed up my bag and remounted Wasabi for the trek eastward.

6.5 miles of slab-time awaited...

By the time I got to Phx, it was 8:30p...and there weren't many bugs left.

Just sayin'.

A great weekend!

Last Pic of the Weekend (Bug Death).jpg

After riding all day w/Ken, I went home, packed up my bag and remounted Wasabi for the trek eastward.

6.5 miles of slab-time awaited...

By the time I got to Phx, it was 8:30p...and there weren't many bugs left.

Just sayin'.

A great weekend!

With all that bug protein, Why eat Pizza? Arnold!
Just say'n:whistle:

I hate i missed it. Went out monday though. home-Telegraph-94-Teegraph-home

It looks like you hit every bug on the way back to the Valley of the Sun!

Jason...dude; you wouldn't believe it.

There was a huge crash on the 8 not far before Gila Bend. While traffic was all backed up (mind you it was still like 90 degrees out), I pulled water and a towel from my tank bag and cleaned my visor.

By the time I got to the Love's in Gila Bend, the thing was covered again in bugs. I cleaned it off, there, too, before heading north on 85 to the 10 and into Phoenix. My point? The bugs you see on my visor are from one hour riding between Gila Bend and Phoenix. Not a far distance for that much carnage.

Yeah...I was waiting for the birds to start attacking the 'buffet' on my face sheild...:rofl:

Ew.

Back