Set of metzeler tires and having them changed?

Speed King

Banned
Does this sound like I paid too much?

I bought a set of metzeler tires:
Rear> Sportec M3 metzeler blackwall tire for $160.99 and a
front>Sportec M3 metzeler blackwall tire for $146.99 for my Kawasaki ZZR-600.

To have them take off the old tires and put on the new cost me another $131.00.

All together it cost me $460.00, that seems like an awful lot of $$$.

I can never remember it costing me that much money before getting my tires changed:banghead:

Dude!! That is a lot of buckage going for a tire change.

I had my PP 2Ct's delivered to the door for $249.00 and installed for $42.40

I have run Metz's on my bandit and never paid over $125.00 per tire.

Just my opinion.

Next time try the motorcycle superstore or one of the board sponsors.

Let me know what kind of life you get on those, mine did last a long time.

Bubba

I always take the wheels off my bike and carry them in for tire changes. Then it cost me like $15-20 per wheel for mount and balance.

I always take the wheels off my bike and carry them in for tire changes. Then it cost me like $15-20 per wheel for mount and balance.

My dealer does the complete take off, install and balance and even gives my tires back to me, if I ask, for $21.20 per wheel. You can't beat that with a stick!

Before i had my tires installed, I called around to about four different places and most wanted about $100.00 for each tire.

I can never remember it being that expensive to get my tires changed.

I live in Minnesota.

The tire price is about right I run Metzlers also.
I have only had the shops take off and put back on my wheels once, I think it was pretty close to that maybe $120.00 so I wouldn't say you got a good deal but I would say you got the normal rate.
Now I always take my wheels off myself and take them to the dealer not for the price but because they say for insurance purposes they have to drive the bikes after changing the tires to get the slick off, but the little 18 year old punk that drove mine ran the piss out of her. I pulled in with it saying I was getting 48mpg on 100 miles on the trip meter came back getting 33mpg, kid was gone about 10 minutes. I made sure his supervisor knew, kid has not been there since. I am not for getting someone fired but someone who is doing that have to say didn't hurt my feelings.
Needless to say my bike has never been back there and the only reason I take my tires there is I have a guy I request to do my tires and he really knows his stuff.

I can never remember it costing me that much money before getting my tires changed:banghead:

This happened to me when I didn't ask the rate when I dropped the the tires off at our local shop. When he said okay, that'll be $75, just about flipped. Was paying 20 per at last place I went too.

After that invested in a balancer, bead breaker, and good tire irons and have never looked back. Have changed a lot of tires. It's time consuming to change your own by hand, but at ten+ sets, I've saved nearly $1000 in tire change fees.

I've got the NoMar balancer & the travel Bead BrakR kit. If I could afford it, I'd get the NoMar changer, but pushing $750 for one of those.

This was really designed for BMW GS guys, but works fine.
Buy Now: Motorcycle Bead Breaker Tire Iron Bead BrakR | Pashnit Moto

Img_3552_tire.jpg

Img_3552_tire.jpg

Yep sounds about right and I hated it sooooooooo a few years back bought a NoMar tire changer and couldn't be happier! Just did two sets of tires for friends last night.... A FREE tire change is at the top of my budget.. (and this thing has paid for itself and then some)

Man these are some broke people. Spend over $10,000 on a bike and complain about $500.00 of tires. You paid the right price for your service. I want to ride I don't want to be working on my bike. I want to ride it. That's why I pay someone else to service what ever it needs. If you like working on bikes so much I say build one yourself. Man it's just money. You buy a $500.00 gun a extra clip will run you $ 40.00 or more.

Man these are some broke people. Spend over $10,000 on a bike and complain about $500.00 of tires. You paid the right price for your service. I want to ride I don't want to be working on my bike. I want to ride it. That's why I pay someone else to service what ever it needs. If you like working on bikes so much I say build one yourself. Man it's just money. You buy a $500.00 gun a extra clip will run you $ 40.00 or more.

There's a difference for paying whats right but to be charged $130 your crazy, $50 installed for both!

I don't think most of you have any idea the cost of dealership operations? They won't be in business long mounting tires that you buy on the net and bring to them to mount for ten bucks a tire? Some dealerships won't mount tires unless you buy from them and I don't blame them. There is no money in mounting tires for Joe Blo who made his purchase from from a discount warehouse unless you pay shop rate. A hundred bucks for removing the wheels and mounting tires is more than reasonable!

If you want ten dollar service go to the track where you can find vendors working out of a van with very little overhead and they will mount and balance (At our local track that is) your tires, all you have to do is show up with wheels in hand.

The tire prices sound (quite) a bit high, the mounting fee they charged you should be a felony.
If I buy the tires at my local shop and bring them the wheels, they mount them for free and charge $6 ea. for balance.
$31 m & b ea., if I bring them the bike and they do everything.

Thats what rainy days are for, working on your bike:poke: Its like for play. Oh and i work for my $$$$ I AINT giving away.

Back