Show me your Fairing Grills!

bpjones

Registered
While I'm waiting for riding weather -it's snowing here!- and I already have the bike apart I'm thinking of adding the fairing grills.....So Show Me What Ya Got!

.........and where you got them and how much $ would be appreciated :bowdown:

From Vic on this board Approx. $80;

Blue.jpg

my pics are in my profile but more importantly when you attach them..i didnt use glue because well it gets hott and melts all over your exhaust...what i did was mixed up some fiberglass jelly and spread it on the back side to hold the grills in place..it can get hott all day and isnt going to hurt it...will hold stronger then glue to

BALLZMOTORSPORTS ( SPONSOR )

Anything you see on the edges is just a reflection, Chrome Grills + Really clean bike.

===================================================================

wm_normal_misty_all_around_007.jpg

wm_normal_misty_all_around_026.jpg

PPM Customs here for me too. Had them powdercoated to match my frame prior to shipping. Total cost was like $89.00 I think. :thumbsup:

*note* The Epoxy that they send w/ theirs is awful and can melt under high heat conditions. I highly recommend you use Loctites version which canbe found @ Lowes or Home Depot...much better :agree:

4482304367_0880a8c900_b.jpg

4482958954_57a7ef5c6d_b.jpg

Last edited:
The prices range from $39.99 to $120.00 on eBay... I haven't bought them yet because a few of my friends went the McGyver route and cut them out of gutter screen/chicken wire. I don't know which route is the most cost effective (money vs. ease of install). I like the Clarkcustom screens or .Org member Vic's...
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:
The two bike pics are a fellow members bike but seeing as we both have 08 blue/black's and grills from Vic and seeing as I don't have close-up's of mine, I'm thinking he wouldn't mind me showing his off:

Grills.jpg

Grills 1.jpg

Grills 2.jpg

Grills 3.jpg

Last edited:
Bought mine on eBay before I realized I wanted to start supporting site sponsors.

But this is my pride and joy, custom painted intake grills.

displayimage.php

And when I say custom, I mean a $4 bottle of chrome paint at NAPA. :laugh:

Just my opinion but I am not a fan of the fairing grilles ...
Seems to me it would be more of a wash mitt snag / waxing obstical ...
and you lose some of the depth of the fairing ducts ...
can't see your beautiful header , ect. :whistle:

Got mine from Lowes. I got it from the isle where they sell screens for windows and doors.
I even used it to cover my oil cooler and radiator.

SD530118.JPG

SD530479.JPG

SD530117.JPG

Great photos and info guys!!!

Tim....is the set you have from PPM the "galvanized" ...they don't look the shiny "triple chrome"? I want whatever I get to somewhat match my front air grills...and your set looks close.

Lowes Gutter covers..forget the price, but like $10 for four 3ft pieces. Cut, fit and sprayed them with krylon extreme metalic gold. Tacked them down with small torch and plactic rod then used Goop adhesive to solid them up.
CIMG0574.JPG
CIMG0572.JPG

CIMG0574.JPG

CIMG0572.JPG

mine where made from lowes gutters covers too..*$ for 4 3 foot sections..one 3 foot section did the whole bike...can sell the other 6 feet for a profile..lol

Here's some pic's from 6 years ago when I did my bike, gutter screens for $0.99 at the Depot and some black paint:

100_2235.jpg

100_2236.jpg

100_2242.jpg

Back