Got me a project....

i've got a stock tail light lying around if you're looking for one.

Nice. That rear end looks more like chemical damage than fire damage to me. Looks like someone pored acid or something on it. Must have been dudes wife after she saw him with another chick on the bike.:rofl:

some progress. I will have to stop soon cause I have to tear into my 06.

IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

IMG_0026.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Got some of the 06 parts put on the 05 to get it up to par. If you notice in the one pic of the tag bracket it had the paper tag on it when it was put to fire.

Found out today when I insured it that the loss was dated August of 09. That means this bike sat for 4-1/2 years some where then caught fire or was stored in a location that caught fire. Had only 5 miles.....I put 4 on it today riding it to the inspection station. How do you have a bike like this and only put 5 miles on it in 4-1/2 years?

I am about to push this to the side for a couple of weeks and tear into the 06 for a tranny swap next week.

On an insurance note......went to SF where I have the 06 fully insured. They told me they had to apply for an underwriter cause I have a speedig ticket from 8-08. They wanted $196 for 6 months of liability. Did not like the idea of having to wait so I called Geico...got 12 months of liability for $101. Exact same coverage.???

IMG_2044.jpg

IMG_2047.jpg

q.jpg

Back