Being Seen

PaceMaster

Donating Member
Registered
Awhile back i saw ThrasherFox coming down the highway towards me...man-- those extra lights really made him visable.
We have all seen Beemers with those yellow fog lights...
So today i installed a couple of those...WOW. Heres a couple of pic's taken tonite.

lights_on.JPG

Wow ... you're right ... those extra lights are a great mod ... can you post some more info about them?

dayum, that looks sweeet
beerchug.gif

Can you post up more info on the install. I bought a couple of fogs lights a couple months back but I couldn't find a place to mount them, that I liked, until now, that is......

Could we get a couple of pics showing the mounting with the lights off?

Definitely adds to the visibility.
beerchug.gif

Wal mart--15.00 plus tax. Drilled one hole in mirror stalks tapped to 6mm..lights came with metric screws. and wireing.
The two small panels that go around the gauge cluster come off fairly easy..and i cut a small notch on each one to feed the two wires..as to hide them..right side light wires i ran over to the left side..spliced the two blacks together-and found a good ground on the lower gauge cluster m6 bolt--now splice the two whites together...touch the pos term on the batt and they light up....the switch....has a ground,lamps/white---red hot....i was able to cut a rectangle
hole for the switch to snap into.....10 amps--no relay involved.--best is to tap into the low beam wire---that way when you turn the key off the switch doest work..dead batt.

Lights_off.JPG

Can we get some better picks of the mod and maybe some details on wiring and make N model of the light themselves?

I have been wondering what to do...  I keep thinking of setting them behind the fairing, cutting some openings and sealing the openings with some plexi...   You know, Flush mount driving lights...

Never Mind I see ya Pace Right above here... Good enough thanks man.

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1102467633 -->

This is also why I really want a pair of 05 GSXR mirrors with the integrated signals. Then Mount some driving lights behind clear lenses in the stock signal location. It should work, right?

Extra driving lights make a HUGE difference in being seen against a background of car headlights.

My Kodak pic transfer has me angry..just took some shots......Anyway pull back the rubber and you will see a small indent ---thats where i drilled through and tapped---one M6 per lamp--plus the lamps have slotted brackets so you can make them level with the horizon.---Glad to help if anyone has prob's--too be seen is a very good thing.

Glad to help out---Ps saw the two 05 Busa colors---blue/silver and black/red----in person in Reno--sweet. Gotta love it...My Busa rocks my world bigtime --been drinki'n still true though.
biggrin.gif

I am trying to get KODAK PIC SOFTWARE TO WORK---Not that hard to hook up...like i said run the two wires over to the left---under the gauge cluster plastic panels..ground the blacks--now you have one white [hot] and hook it up to the switch----switch has one ground--connected to the same gauge bolt...one hot---one white....splice into low beam wire---because even when our brights are on--low beam is still on. Will try to post pic's --later.

Back