Rotors, please educate me...

ajblbv

Donating Member
Registered
Okay, I tried to buy used OEM ones in good shape, but apparently none are really available, so I am looking at aftermarket options. The ones on my 99 are worn ridiculously unevenly.

I see the cheapies from Hong Kong at like $140 all the way up to Galfers for like $600 for the whole set.

What is available in between? Any preferred? I am finding reviews on the two extremes here on the boards, but not much in the middle.

I am looking to replace all 3, I have galfer braided lines front and back. Will obviously have to replace pads with rotors.

So any links to something I missed, or preferably first hand experience would be appreciated.

TIA :beerchug:

Tia - rotor are available to you at various price points to fit your budget. On the low end are the cheapy ones. Our debate ranges from the 'get what you pay for rule' to 'I've got the cheapy ones and they work fine'. Personally, I ride the pants off my busa and brakes is the one thing that I'm a huge fan of.

The high end of course is the Galfer Wave rotors as you mentioned ($577 shipped) which are extremely popular and many members here have them. You can see quite a few photos of them on Hayabusa's here:

brokeasswhiteboy_1_800.jpg

Bills_Busa.jpg

busa_2.jpg

brokeasswhiteboy_1_800.jpg

Bills_Busa.jpg

busa_2.jpg

Go with pashnit I got my EBC contured rotors for a pretty good price, and I'll be getting my lines from him front braided line on sale for March 31st only

We have a good price on ebc, start, and glafer rotors. We will be running a sale on 4 line brake kits for $135 also.:thumbsup:

I have the front Galfer's and have to say they are top quality, and worth the money I agree it's a lot of cash but it is worth it. I have a few friends that have tried the cheap one's and they all agree they are rubbish most of the time.

I also have a mate who's rotor colapsed during a ride, totally fell apart. In over 25 years of biking I've never heard of that before. Breaks are seriously important on the Busa, buy the fronts and go for the rear when you have the cash if your on a budget.

The difference in feal under breaking is massive with the Galfers.

If the Galfer price points are outside your rotor budget, then EBC's new XC rotor is another great option in the $470 range to help get you under $500 if that's your affordability range. EBC is more of a petal design than the wave style, but their new Oval buttons (only 6 of them) is another take on how the rotors should look plus allowing the rotor to be slightly lighter.

Buy Now: EBC XC Contour Brake Rotors, X Series Contour Suzuki Hayabusa | Pashnit Moto

Speaking of look, the EBC's come with a gold carrier or polished. So if you are going for a certain look, as many of us are (I had my carriers custom painted blue to match my Busa's blue/silver motif), that may be a consideration of yours. Galfer's come in Black or Chrome, but they also have a custom button option to add in some custom colors.

ebc_contour_xc_560_busa.jpg

ebc_contour_xc_500_busa_rear.jpg

ebc_contour_xc_busa_800.jpg

CIMG0627.JPG

ebc_contour_xc_560_busa.jpg

ebc_contour_xc_500_busa_rear.jpg

ebc_contour_xc_busa_800.jpg

CIMG0627.JPG

EBC rotors can be had for around $220 each.

You could also check ebay for stock rotors. You might even look for a complete front wheel from a later year Gen I (say 2004 through 2007). Wheels are often sold with the rotors attached.

:cheerleader: I made it into a Pashnit post! :cheerleader:

I like my EBC X rotors...along with their HH pads i feel very confident in stopping.

When the funds are there I would love to go with the Galfer wave rotors, but if the cash is not there I will look at picking up the Bremzen rotors that Pashnit has.

Back