Favorite Busa pic

yeah I'd love to see that thing up close, he's done a great job with his bike.....
Thanks for the compliments. Nice having fellow Busa riders appreciate the work and $$ it takes to make a bike your own. Whats really cool is having people post pictures of a bike and saying it's one of the most beautiful busas ever and it turns out to be yours.
jump9.gif
MAkes a guy feel proud . Thanks.

Here's a couple more .

DSC01634.jpg

DSC01528.jpg

DSC01532.jpg

Pat,
I put my letters and emblems on right after it was sprayed, before the paint was cured, but under the clear.
I took a chance doing this, but I wanted the letters to crinkle somewhat. My painter was trippin out. He said it was gonna guy that had a good time the whole paint job. I told him that I would pay his price to redo it, if it messed up, but to let me do it.
It lifted big time, I was almost in trouble. I brought it home and layed it out in the yard, in the sun. It sucked up nicely, just the right amount of "crinkle". I wanted something different, and as luck would have it, it came out great!

I was reminded of this, because I noticed how nice and smooth your letters are. How long did you wait between the last coat of candy, till you applied the stickers, and then the clear?

Here's a halfassed pic of the lettering.
It looks like I cut them out of a Nestle's crunch bar wrapper. It's the same mirror/chrome letters that you have, but with the "crinkle" added.
Also, mine is green/green, not green/black. You can about only see it in person. It doesn't photo good.

DSC02501.JPG

Can't really remember how long we waited exactly but it was long enough for the candy to dry and be sanded. I would think it was under the heat lamps for a couple hrs anyway. Your stickers look good that way, you took a big chance. How did you know they would crinkle? If I could do mine over again, without a doubt, I would put them on after the base coat like the Hayabusa sticker is on the side panel. That looks by far the bestout of any of the stickers. Mine are black chrome by the way.

Paineless4u- My colors by the way( the dark, hump) are 5 coats of pavo purple and 5 coats of Candybrandywine, followed up with 6 coats of clear. This is from House of Colors.

<!--EDIT|CANDYBUSA
Reason for Edit: None given...|1101560288 -->

MINE CAUSE I CAN RIDE IT EVERYDAY.
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|BLU88
Reason for Edit: None given...|1101577604 -->

oil_change_026.jpg

I snapped this photo at BikeWeek '03.  Can you say chrome?

www.warrenbrown.com images missing

Back