The wife said NO to a Ninja........she is spoiled.

BUBBA

Foghoon Leghoon
Donating Member
Registered
So I took the wife to see and most likely buy a nice little Ninja 250cc '07.

She took it for a test spin around the block and when she returned she was shaking her head NO.

Seems that she has been on the 600 Bandit too long and the Ninja was just underpowered for her, even though she is not a hard rider.

She did however love the seating position and the slimline features. She said she really liked everything else about the bike but just wouldn't be able to deal with the smaller CC's.

So it is back to looking again.

Here is the bike.

IMG_8935.jpg

IMG_8937.jpg

IMG_8939.jpg

Have her check out a SV650F - I hear those make great bikes for someone wanting a sportbike look but with a little better seating arrangement than an all out supersport.

Suzuki Cycles - Product Lines - Cycles - Products - SV650 - 2009 - SV650S

Hi,
Thanks, I thought the same thing and took her to a Suzuki dealer and she sat on many bikes and did not find one to fit her very well.

She is only 5' 3" and when she tried on the SV, she could not even get both feet to touch at the same time.

We will keep looking and I think the Ninja 500 or 600 may work for her.
Bubba

Hi,
Thanks, I thought the same thing and took her to a Suzuki dealer and she sat on many bikes and did not find one to fit her very well.

She is only 5' 3" and when she tried on the SV, she could not even get both feet to touch at the same time.

We will keep looking and I think the Ninja 500 or 600 may work for her.
Bubba

A lot of people lower the SV's a bit, I think svrider.com would be a good start to look into possible mods. The 500's are neutered as far as power as well compared to her current ride. I'd look for 600cc and above. The Ninja650 is another option - but it's still a Kaw! :laugh:

Last edited:
A lot of people lower the SV's a bit, I think svrider.com would be a good start to look into possible mods. The 500's are neutered as far as power as well compared to her current ride. I'd look for 600cc and above. The Ninja650 is another option - but it's still a Kaw! :laugh:

Yeah, I need to look more into lowering some of the bikes she is trying out.
Thanks for the info.:thumbsup:
Bubba

Yeah, I need to look more into lowering some of the bikes she is trying out.
Thanks for the info.:thumbsup:
Bubba

Definitely! The SV is a FINE bike and has tons of mods on the market....the SV's have an almost cult-like following among their owners. Hmmm....why does that sound familiar? :laugh:
First step would be to have her seat cut down, would gain her an inch or so to the ground and relatively cheap - ask Lee at New Image about the SV seats.

Definitely! The SV is a FINE bike and has tons of mods on the market....the SV's have an almost cult-like following among their owners. Hmmm....why does that sound familiar? :laugh:
First step would be to have her seat cut down, would gain her an inch or so to the ground and relatively cheap - ask Lee at New Image about the SV seats.

Thanks Bro:thumbsup:

If your not one of the brand loyals, you should check out the 650r as well. About the same height as the sv, but a lot of ladies lower them as well. Can't go wrong either way though.

Good luck with the search.

If your not one of the brand loyals, you should check out the 650r as well. About the same height as the sv, but a lot of ladies lower them as well. Can't go wrong either way though.

Good luck with the search.

Is that a Yammy?

I have to say when my wife and i decided to by our first bike we bought a ninja 250 so she could learn to ride ....and she did with a cast on lol wrist surgery.....anyway we rode that think to death then got a 600 while in florida long story short little later a friend purchased a 250 ninja and i took it for a spin first thing i thought was how or why did we ever buy a 250
so i feel her pain:laugh:

I just think you wanted her to try it because its silver. Your subconcious was at work Bubba.
A silver Ninja 250...slightly and I only mean slightly resembles a mini-me version of Patch. You saved yourself from a life of riding together looking like those couples that wear the matching T-Shirts in the mall :poke:

:laugh:

I just think you wanted her to try it because its silver. Your subconcious was at work Bubba.
A silver Ninja 250...slightly and I only mean slightly resembles a mini-me version of Patch. You saved yourself from a life of riding together looking like those couples that wear the matching T-Shirts in the mall :poke:

:laugh:

:rofl::rofl:

I think, no, I know you are right, :rofl::rofl:

Matching Tee's, Too funny.

I swear by the V Strom. Yes it will be too high for her..but I think it will lower just fine...that bike has almost 95 hp if I recall correctly. Another bike that is a great possibility is the Suzuki 750...I am sorry..but I just can't think of a better engine and trani than the Suzukies for the money. Another .ORG member also said something that I totally agree with...go to Craig's list or Ebay...so many good bikes for sell right now...good huntin..2hip

What about a cbr 600 f4i? They seem to go pretty cheap. Sport look feel. Fuel injected for reliability.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back