USA MotoGP feedback

VMaxx

Registered
Hey guys.....Wanted to get some feedback on Laguna Seca GP.
I've travelled to the Aussie MotoGP on the 2008 Busa from Brisbane to Phillip Island (4795kms / 2980 miles - 3 days on the way there - 2 days at the track - 5 days return via the Aussie Alps - some pics included below).
I visited the US & Canada in 2007 with wife & kids and want to return in the next couple of years.
What I'm chasing is people's opinion of the Laguna Seca GP in reference to spectator facilities, viewing the track etc.

Thanks

P.S. You've got to be careful when cranked over round the bends - damn cows......:banghead:

DSCF4622.jpg

DSCF4675.jpg

DSCF4743.jpg

DSCF4745.jpg

DSCF4762.jpg

DSCF4768.jpg

Philip Island is flat-out beautiful! I would love to visit one day, but nothing, NOTHING, can compare to seeing the Corkscrew in-person for the first time. You can't really get a feel for the kind of drop it is on T.V. It's awesome!

corkscrew.jpg

TDRCOMM - the corkscrew sounds a bit like the "Dipper & Forrest Elbow" bends of our Bathurst track - public roads - V8 Supercar race track in October every year - Goggle it to check the decent etc.... We rode it on the way back from Phillip Island. They used to have bike racing there in the 80s until we had bikers Vs coppers riots.....

THEMOMINATOR - Been to Townsville years ago. Bloody hot and humid in summer......:lol:

TDRCOMM - the corkscrew sounds a bit like the "Dipper & Forrest Elbow" bends of our Bathurst track - public roads - V8 Supercar race track in October every year - Goggle it to check the decent etc.... We rode it on the way back from Phillip Island. They used to have bike racing there in the 80s until we had bikers Vs coppers riots.....

Friggin' bikes and cops... who'dathunkit. :laugh:

At the apex to Turn 8 (the lefthander and entry to The Corkscrew), the elevation change
is a 12% drop.

By the time a bike/car reaches the apex of Turn 8A (the righthander), the elevation is at its
steepest – an 18% drop.

The Corkscrew drops 59 feet between the entrance of Turn 8 to the exit of Turn 8A – the
equivalent of a 5 1⁄2 story drop – in only 450 feet of track length.

From Turn 8 to Turn 9, the elevation falls 109 feet, or just over 10 stories

What makes it so petrifying (for me when I WALKED it) is that the entrance is a blind curve and drop.
You can't see anything but sky. It's like the track just vanishes. Hit your mark then drop your knee,
lay the bike over then wait for the track to reappear. :lol:

I envy the NoCal guys that do trackdays there even though you would have to time my laps with a hourglass. :rofl:

Back