Choke

Firstly a big public thanks to S-R Racing for sending me an owners manual for my new to me Busa. He wouldn't even accept postage money from me. A true gentleman.

My question is about what they refer to as the choke in the manual. Mine only boosts the idle speed by @ 500 rpm. I also have a little play in the throttle and was wondering if I adjusted (tightened) the throttle, would it boost the choke's ability? Are they connected?

You probably need to pull off your tank and air box to make that adjustment. Do you really need to? The new Busa's don't even have throttle advance.

The lever is a fast idle and not a choke, and you can adjust it. I need to adjust mine, but anway, dont set it too tight where the idle raises when you turn the bars.

Hey glad to help! Hope this helps too. The cable on the top is your fast idle cable, try just a 1/4 or 1/2 turn to bring it up. I will gladly accept any warm weather you would care to send our way:laugh:

'06blkbus-yoshi kit 020.jpg

This is interesting.. My first Busa is the one I have now,, an '08.. I have never looked close enough to the gen I's to notice a choke lever/fast idle lever.. I just assumed that since it was fuel injected that it would not need that.. But when it is cold outside and I first start my '08,,,,,, it seems like it could use some extra help starting on extra cold mornings...:laugh:???

You might be right???- a 1/4 or 1/2 turn on the stop screw, not the cable ends:bowdown:

Not you bro, I was referring to the guy that started this thread. You know how everyone on here loves to argue about suzuki deciding to call this a choke. :laugh:
Posted via Mobile Device

When I first got my bike, me and my friends used the fast idle lever and were extremely confused... I even looked it up, to make sure my bike didn't have carbs, LoL. Some people use this as a cruise control while riding. I'm kinda glad I have it, it def aids in warming up the bike faster. Kudos to Suzuki once again.

be careful adjusting play in the throttle lever, it gets really snappy if you're not careful.

I opened this can of worms a while back...my '06 LE needed a little adjustment to the fast idel/choke cable. seems to come loose over time...it only have 3800 miles on it ???

While you are at it might as well make an adjustment to you Idle. 1150-1250 is where most keep it.

The thottle needs a little play so I won't goose the throttle when you turn your bars to the steering stops. Just be careful.

I left a little in there and turned the bars fully each direction before venturing out. Feels good. It was 33 degrees this morning when I rode it to work. It started with no problem. It holds @ roughly 1500rpm with the throttle boost on and has no trouble running on cold mornings so while I know it's a little low, it still works so we'll call it good enough. The regular idle speed I was able to boost with the aforementioned long screwdriver technique I learned on here, so that's sitting @ 1100 or so.

Last edited:
Back